• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

IS the Seminario Menor closed in Santiago?

danielle aird

La vie est belle
Time of past OR future Camino
May 2018; September 2018; May 2019; Sept (2019)
I have been trying to book a bed at the Seminario Menor in Santiago. I tried last September and I am trying now and it seems to be closed. Does anyone have information about it? thank you.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
On Booking.com you still can book it.
On Booking.com, no matter what dates you put in, it shows as booked. I have tried next month, two months from now, three months from now... it always says "no availability"

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Have you tried this site? Duplicate

I did and it seems to have accepted my booking for late September.

Edit: From the booking confirmation

Payment terms
Your booking has been confirmed and granted by credit card. Payments are due at arrival in the reception desk, unless otherwise agreed-upon terms of payment. The hostel management reserves the right to authorize the credit card before the check-in date.

Cancellation terms
Booking cancellation within 24 hours (1 day) before your check-in date do not involve any charges.
Shall the booking be cancelled out of that time or no show may occur, the total first night amount will be charged.
Whether you decide to cancell, please follow the link provided in your confirmation e-mail.

Additional information
Street fence door shall be shut at 00:30 hours.
Due to operation and maintenance, every bed and room should be left before 9:30 h (AM).
Cleaning tasks take place from 09:30 to 13:30.
You re not allowed into the bedroom floors before 13:30 hours.

Excursions to Finisterre and Rías Baixas with boat trip
Book now your excursión and get your 25% off.
Use the discount code SEMINARIO22 in your reservation.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You can book on their website.
What dates do you need?

Thank you. I think I was trying to book too far in advance. I went back to the website and did find some opening in the next few weeks. I will try again closer to my date

I have booked my date for June on their website and it worked just fine.

It is definitely open, I stayed there on 10-04-22 and 11 days later on 21-04-22

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
For general information, I was at the Seminario Menor earlier today looking for accommodation. A priest whom I met in the vicinity showed me a message posted on the gate to the effect that it is closed until the spring.

I have been trying to book a bed at the Seminario Menor in Santiago. I tried last September and I am trying now and it seems to be closed. Does anyone have information about it? thank you.
When I tried and tried back in September to book there online, it was impossible. As you say, booking.com simply said booked or unavailable or whatever. Someone called for me to Sem Men which is how I found out they want you to phone directly or show up. This was how it was back in September. They were completo every night. Lots of teens and school kids coming in groups back then. I see Albertagirl posted there's a sign today saying they are closed till spring. I am surprised but maybe it is too expensive to heat the place in winter???

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
When I tried and tried back in September to book there online, it was impossible. As you say, booking.com simply said booked or unavailable or whatever. Someone called for me to Sem Men which is how I found out they want you to phone directly or show up. This was how it was back in September. They were completo every night. Lots of teens and school kids coming in groups back then. I see Albertagirl posted there's a sign today saying they are closed till spring. I am surprised but maybe it is too expensive to heat the place in winter???
On Gronze, Seminario Menor is shown as closing Oct 31 and reopening April 1.

What I was told by the priest who showed me the sign is that it was not worth it to keep it open with only two or three people showing up each day and wanting to stay there.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.