• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is there a bus from najera to santo domingo de la calzada

clairescamino

Time of past OR future Camino
frances 2013
I have spent around 6 hours looking for this info before asking the question
The rio2rome app tells me a taxi is the only way
Or I could take a bus from Logrono to SDDLC

I am returning to camino frances to walk some stages I missed through injury and other
I already walked From Najera to SDDLC and am short of time

First time round I took a bus from Logrono to najera but that route does not show either
I'm struggling with Spanish bus timetimables and google chrome does not translate most of the time

Anyone help with this information?

Thank you

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yes. The station is here:

Estación de Autobuses de Nájera:
Direccion:
Paseo de San Julián, s/n. 26300 Nájera

LLEGADA: SANTO DOMINGO DE LA
FECHA: 10-10-2013
POSIBILIDADES DE IDA
SALIDALLEGADALĂŤNEAFRECUENCIASDISPONIBLEBICICLETAS PRECIORUTA

07:4308:00LOGROÑO - STO. DOMINGOLunes a Viernes 1,59 €
09:0009:16LOGROÑO - BURGOSLaborables y Sábados no festivos 1,59 €
10:2811:00LOGROÑO - SANTO DOMINGOLunes a Viernes 1,59 €
11:3012:00ZARAGOZA - BURGOS (A-68)Laborables y Sábados no festivos 1,59 €
11:5812:30LOGROÑO - STO. DOMINGOLaborables y Sábados no festivos 1,59 €
13:3013:46ZARAGOZA - BURGOSLaborables y Sábados no festivos 1,59 €
17:2817:50LOGROÑO - STO DOMI.-CEREZOLaborables y Sábados no festivos 1,59 €
17:4518:02ZARAGOZA - BURGOS (A68)Diario y Festivos 1,59 €
20:0020:16ZARAGOZA - BURGOS (A68)LUNES A SABADOS Y FESTIVOS 1,59 €
20:2821:00LOGROÑO - STO. DOMINGOLunes a Viernes 1,59 €

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks falcon, I recall the bus station as I exited there last time, but cant remember if the route went on to SDDLC
this is the info I am struggling to find, if the route exists and timings.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi Claire,
The company Aubobuses Jimenez http://www.autobusesjimenez.com/horarios.php runs several times a day from Logroño passing through Nájara and on to Sto. Domingo. I took it last year when I had to get to Grañón, one stop after Sto. Domingo.

I checked (under i) and they all stop in Nájara.

Good luck and let me know if you need any help.

SALIDA:LOGROĂ‘O
LLEGADA:SANTO DOMINGO DE LA
FECHA:08-10-2013
POSIBILIDADES DE IDA
SALIDALLEGADALĂŤNEAFRECUENCIASDISPONIBLEBICICLETAS PRECIORUTA

07:1508:00LOGROÑO - STO. DOMINGOLunes a ViernesSÍ33,31 €
08:3009:16LOGROÑO - BURGOSLaborables y Sábados no festivosSÍ33,31 €
10:0011:00LOGROÑO - SANTO DOMINGOLunes a ViernesSÍ33,31 €
11:0012:00ZARAGOZA - BURGOS (A-68)Laborables y Sábados no festivosSÍ33,31 €
11:3012:30LOGROÑO - STO. DOMINGOLaborables y Sábados no festivosSÍ33,31 €
13:0013:46ZARAGOZA - BURGOSLaborables y Sábados no festivosSÍ33,31 €
17:0017:50LOGROÑO - STO DOMI.-CEREZOLaborables y Sábados no festivosSÍ33,31 €
17:1518:02ZARAGOZA - BURGOS (A68)Diario y FestivosSÍ33,31 €
19:3020:16ZARAGOZA - BURGOS (A68)LUNES A SABADOS Y FESTIVOSSÍ33,31 €
20:0021:00LOGROÑO - STO. DOMINGOLunes a ViernesSÍ33,31 €

p.s. Falcon's post and mine seem to have crossed. So now you have the answer twice:)!

Bus service in the general area by Autobuses Jimenez.

Attachments

• LOGRONO autobus.pdf
    56 KB · Views: 20
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I know you are looking for a bus but I would highly recommend if you have an extra day or to take a taxi - to do the Detour to San Millan de Coglla and Monsteries of Suso and Yuso. which is marked on the Brierly book * Yuso especially. This valley is so beautiful and you'll enjoy the Monastery where the Spanish language originated plus, the Gregorian chants came from. Its unbelievable - then if you have time check out the 6th century Suso which is 3 km away on the hill where both tickets are bought at Yuso monastery (arrive before 10am) then taxi to Santo Domingo. Total cost for this round trip from Najera to Santo Domingo via this Monastery was 50 euro, and three of us shared it so came to 16 euro each and totally worth it and we were dropped off at Santo Domingo at City Center. It might be unorthodox but trust me you'll be glad you did as it was one of the best things I could have done on this trip.

I know you are looking for a bus but I would highly recommend if you have an extra day or to take a taxi - to do the Detour to San Millan de Coglla and Monsteries of Suso and Yuso. which is marked on the Brierly book * Yuso especially. This valley is so beautiful and you'll enjoy the Monastery where the Spanish language originated plus, the Gregorian chants came from. Its unbelievable - then if you have time check out the 6th century Suso which is 3 km away on the hill where both tickets are bought at Yuso monastery (arrive before 10am) then taxi to Santo Domingo. Total cost for this round trip from Najera to Santo Domingo via this Monastery was 50 euro, and three of us shared it so came to 16 euro each and totally worth it and we were dropped off at Santo Domingo at City Center. It might be unorthodox but trust me you'll be glad you did as it was one of the best things I could have done on this trip.
Thank you for this alternative I will have a look into it

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de PerdĂłn has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back