• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

is there a bus from ponferrada to Santiago airport?

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2015,2016,2017,2018,2022, 2023, april 24.
I cant find a bus from Ponferrada towards the Santiago airport . I Have done this 4 years ago so know it was available then. But I checked on Omio, Rome2Rio . alsa etc. The only option it gives is a very early one and late afternoon one ( alsa) via Coruna. In 2018 I took one that almost followed the Camino route and stopped in all towns (like Palas de Rei, Melide etc etc. THAT is the one I am looking for but can't find. Even if I put in a date a few days from now...nothing. Needing it for June 19th
Many thanks :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ponferrada - Lugo- Santiago is the obvious route. There appears to be plenty of service on both routes. There is definitely plenty of service Lavacola - Lugo- Lavacola that’s how the Sarria starters get there.
I’m on my phone with dodgy Spanish hotel wee-few so I’ll not look’em up for you.

Typing off the top of my head but how bout this? ALSA runs buses from Ponferrada to Pedrafita do Cebreiro. Then MONBUS runs an afternoon bus from Pedrafita do Cebreiro to Santiago Airport and Santiago Intermodal Station. (The MONBUS route tracks quite well with the standard Frances route, which is nice.) You'll need to check the bus company websites for times and prices.

Typing off the top of my head but how bout this? ALSA runs buses from Ponferrada to Pedrafita do Cebreiro. Then MONBUS runs an afternoon bus from Pedrafita do Cebreiro to Santiago Airport and Santiago Intermodal Station. (The MONBUS route tracks quite well with the standard Frances route, which is nice.) You'll need to check the bus company websites for times and prices.
That looked the best option so far. Thanks :) That must have been the bus I took 4 years ago. I see you can only book it 2 weeks ahead (which is fine).

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
That looked the best option so far. Thanks :)
When I broke my foot last September and had to quit walking at O Cebreiro, I caught the MONBUS from nearby Pedrafita do Cebreiro into Santiago. It left Pedrafita mid-afternoon, something like 3-4 PM, and stopped at the airport before driving into the city. Took 2-3 hours. I was NOT the only pilgrim aboard the bus! ... Cost was Euros 16, I believe. Went thru O Cebreiro, Triacastela, Samos, Sarria, Portomarin, Melide, Arzua and O Pedrouso.

Attachments

• 1652363157492.png
    1652363157492.png
    68 bytes · Views: 9
Last edited:
When I broke my foot last September and had to quit walking at O Cebreiro, I caught the MONBUS from nearby Pedrafita do Cebreiro into Santiago. It left Pedrafita mid-afternoon, something like 3-4 PM, and stopped at the airport before driving into the city. Took 2-3 hours. I was NOT the only pilgrim aboard the bus! ... Cost was Euros 16, I believe. Went thru O Cebreiro, Triacastela, Samos, Sarria, Portomarin, Melide, Arzua and O Pedrouso.
Yes I saw it leaves mid afternoon which is perfect . I bet you were not the only pilgrim lol. We have limited time this year so will have to make choices and walking the last day into Santiago is one of our choices to finish this years trip. The taxi quoted me 210 euro's so the bus fee certainly beats that :)

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back