• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for Camino Group in Paris for Pre-Pilgrimage Meetup

MaggieQYogini

Time of past OR future Camino
End of May to June, 2020
I’ll be in Paris 5/25/2022 for 3 days before SJPD. Love to join a chat, a city walk or a walk near Paris with other Parisian pilgrims. Is there a Facebook or local group??

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
HI Maggie, If you want to meet pilgrims in Paris, this might be worth considering although, like you, they will be from elsewhere rather than Parisians.

I have not been there but I have heard positive reports from others.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Maggie, If you want to meet pilgrims in Paris, this might be worth considering although, like you, they will be from elsewhere rather than Parisians.

I have not been there but I have heard positive reports from others.
Just checked the website. Awesome info. Will book my stay there!! So grateful!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
@MaggieQYogini, if you are comfortable with French you can check whether Compostelle 2000 organises workshops, walks or similar during your stay in Paris. Here is the link to their website and their agenda for this year:

Members of the group occasionally accompany a pilgrim during the first few km when starting for Santiago from Paris.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I’ll be in Paris 5/25/2022 for 3 days before SJPD. Love to join a chat, a city walk or a walk near Paris with other Parisian pilgrims. Is there a Facebook or local group??
Try Compostelle2000
Pilgrim support staffed by volunteers in the Marais

Maggie,

Since you will be visiting Paris before beginning your pilgrimage here is another Parisian accommodation sponsored by a religious group, the Benedictine Sisters of the Sacred Heart , at the basilica of Sacre Coeur.

Do scan these earlier Forum threads for much more about pilgrim sites in Paris and the camino within Paris.

When on the parvis or place facing the Notre Dame cathedral below you underground lie Roman ruins and visible to your right across the Seine begins the medieval rue Saint Jacques which pilgrims followed to leave the city; walk it a bit and ponder history.

Take a deep breath, relax and just enjoy it! As an American who has lived 40+ years in France both in Paris and Champagne for me as Thomas Jefferson wrote “a walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of life.”

Bon Chemin and Buen Camino!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back