• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is there a list of pilgrims? Trying to locate someone

novnovice

My spouse walked the camino, completing it about 6 weeks ago. There is one person she met that she intended to stay in touch with, but they separated one afternoon and never saw each other again. She didn't get an email or even a last name, so it's going to be tough to reconnect. I doubt that there is any kind of public list of pilgrims who walked the camino, and when they started or ended? I thought I'd ask here just in case.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks Madidi. That person is not on that list (which seems to be a tiny subset of Camino folk). I guess the official list is not published?

My spouse walked the camino, completing it about 6 weeks ago. There is one person she met that she intended to stay in touch with, but they separated one afternoon and never saw each other again. She didn't get an email or even a last name, so it's going to be tough to reconnect. I doubt that there is any kind of public list of pilgrims who walked the camino, and when they started or ended? I thought I'd ask here just in case.
I think that we all have missed at some point to exchange addresses with people we would love to recontact, but a "Camino databank" to make us even more transparent to NSA, Google and other Data-gobblers is a horror vision. Let's preserve the Camino as a bastion to where we can escape for a few weeks in total privacy, disclosing our identity only to those we actively choose. To be just another pilgrim amongst others, to be our true selfs without fear of becoming vulnerable to exploitation, this is what makes the Camino so special.The Camino to become another Facebook nightmare? NO thanks!

Buen Camino
Pierre aka Don Pedro

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think that information would be available, Data protection laws, maybe the other person do not want to be in touch, I would not dream of registering on a open forum.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I think this situation has happened to a lot of us...:( But sometimes you meet people in the strangest places so there is always the chance to meet again. :D Especially on the Camino, when people generally notice what is happening around them, unlike our busy everyday lives when everyone is preoccupied with browsing the Internet on their phones.

Until now there has been no searchable database of the names of pilgrims arriving in Santiago.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back