• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is There A Map With Both Levante And Sureste

Time of past OR future Camino
So many since 2003.
I’ve done a general google search but so far haven’t been able to locate a good quality (detailed) map with both the Sureste and the Levante - showing clearly where they intersect. Anyone able to help ? …
(plan to leave from Valencia 24th or 25th May 2017)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
As far as I know, the only official map with all the 49 St Jame's ways approved until now is this edited by the IGN. I bought it for 4€, and it is nice for sticking on a wall, but not for walking.
https://www.cnig.es/busquedaProductosEan.do?familia=PAHUM_CASAN&articulos=

On March 23 Matt (Pilgr) put in his live thread a screenshot with part of the two ways, so it is possible to download and see them on a telephone.

Before walking the second part of my Levante way I had prepared at home official maps using the IBERPIX visor of the IGN. I imported on it the tracks and printed segments in A3 size with a scale 1/25000 . Later, with Adobe I cut each sheet at A4 size and printed them. As there was some blank margin I used them no write data about accommodation etc..

See attached PDFs: one is a sample just done now with both ways , the other one a sample of my way.

Attachments

• printdocument.aspx_file=DmPdf_d8dfe0d4-10a5-4b94-b079-92367a46980c.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 100
  • GR239 13 2.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 82
  • Map of ways.pdf
    235.1 KB · Views: 80
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I just ordered a few of these maps for the Forum Store... will put them up once I have them in Santiago (CNIG are know to be shipping their order with a delay...so not sure when). :)

Well, Ivar has been rapid to apply Laurie's proposal.

As I said, the map is not useful for navigation on the way (due to his scale: 1/1,250,000), but it is a nice decoration and is useful for planning the next way.

It is easy to buy at the online shop of the IGN, but I am afraid that for people out of Europe, the mailing cost may exceed the price of the product, so Ivar's store is good idea; when you finish one way in Santiago, you get it to plan next one.

On the contrary, IGN has a set of 10 maps for the french way (including aragones and navarro) which are good for navigation. The scale is 1/50,000 and it shows the way and its variants. Each sheet (recto-verso) includes 4 stages. Desafortunately the weight of the 10 maps is 600 g.

On the first picture the background is the first edition. The last edition include 42 approved ways (not 49 as I first write).

Buen camino

Ivar, el paquete del IGN me llego en solo tres días.
Tot ziens.
Jean-Luc

IMG_8972.JPG IMG_8973.JPG IMG_8974.JPG IMG_8975.JPG IMG_8972.JPG IMG_8973.JPG IMG_8974.JPG IMG_8975.JPG

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
If you have Google Maps, you can download two gpx files from Traildino (free) and you will have the route clearly marked on your phone. I can post the link if needed.

DK, could you please post the link.

ta
David

I’ve done a general google search but so far haven’t been able to locate a good quality (detailed) map with both the Sureste and the Levante - showing clearly where they intersect. Anyone able to help ? …

Hi,

Just wanted to say that a lot of ressources point out where the two intersect and split. For example both the guidebooks of the Levante (am I right?) and the Sureste. In the Sureste guidebook this is mentioned in the written directions, and it is seen on the maps for each stage. A large map will tell you in which town this happens along the way, but I would suggest you bring something more detailed so you know exactly where the splits are. This is rarely shown on the spot when you get there. For example, many a pilgrim have taken the wrong direction on the town of Minaya. And so on.

/BP

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I just ordered a few of these maps for the Forum Store... will put them up once I have them in Santiago (CNIG are know to be shipping their order with a delay...so not sure when). :)

Hi, Ivar, I know there has been a more recent thread about these lovely maps, but I can't find it. But my question isn't actually about these maps -- I'm wondering whether you might be able to stock Ray y Rosa's map. It isn't as cartographically accurate, in fact it is pretty schematic, but it is very complete and I look at it frequently to see how caminos merge and intersect. They sell it on their website.

http://www.rayyrosa.com/

Thanks, buen camino, Laurie

p.s. One other question for forum members in the US. Have you had any problems with customs and getting stuff from Ivar's store? I want to order the IGN map but I have had problems with customs on other shipments from Europe.

Hi, Ivar, I know there has been a more recent thread about these lovely maps, but I can't find it. But my question isn't actually about these maps -- I'm wondering whether you might be able to stock Ray y Rosa's map. It isn't as cartographically accurate, in fact it is pretty schematic, but it is very complete and I look at it frequently to see how caminos merge and intersect. They sell it on their website.

http://www.rayyrosa.com/

Thanks, buen camino, Laurie

p.s. One other question for forum members in the US. Have you had any problems with customs and getting stuff from Ivar's store? I want to order the IGN map but I have had problems with customs on other shipments from Europe.
Hola Laurie,

I had a look at the Ray y Rosa maps, and I feel that the IGN maps are much better and more detailed.
https://www.santiagodecompostela.me...s/products/camino-de-santiago-map-1-1-250-000

By the way, I do not think these maps would be great for using while walking.. too big I think (it includes the whole of Spain). I think they re much better to use at home while planning, open it up on the kitchen table (it is "kitchen table size") and start dreaming.

I am curious to know if anyone has gotten their products stopped by US customs and asked to pay import tax. I have a feeling that this might happen with larger orders. Smaller purchases usually go through just fine (at least this is my experience from the customers that I have had).

I have placed an order for the IGN map. I expect that you're right that it will go right through, but I have had some weird experiences with the vagaries of customs rules. I remember once a CSJ book got held up but in the end it was fine. Since the US post office has had so many budget cuts, I expect they don't have enough personnel to worry about little packages. :D:D

Just as you suggest, I plan to use this map as my "coffee table, camino dreaming" map. Would never walk with it. You're right that the Ray and Rosa map is totally schematic, but they do have a camino or two (Camino del Valle de Sena, for instance) that I haven't seen on other maps. Can you ever have too many camino maps? Thanks, Ivar!

Last edited:
About planning
Do you want to link Avila (Camino de Levante/Sureste) with Salamanca (Via de la Plata), or Avila with Valladolid (Camino de Madrid)?, if so you can use the Rutas Teresianas (Sta Teresa de Avila).
Just look at http://www.caminosteresianos.com/ (Sorry, only in Spanish)

Useful for on the way re-planning is the following metro-like map:
https://www.facebook.com/coordinado...9996166382085/439996143048754/?type=3&theater
Less detailed is this other:
https://www.facebook.com/coordinado...9996166382085/439996146382087/?type=3&theater

Both are issued by the "coordinadora Levante-Sureste": https://www.facebook.com/coordinadoralevantesureste/
A free copy, 31cmX41cm, is available at the member Associations.

Hi, I am new to the Camino, I would love a copy of the metro style map that you say is available free from ‘member associations’ but I don’t know who the member associations are?
Thank you

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
but I don’t know who the member associations are?

Hi Calluna, I refer to the "Associación de Amigos del Camino de Santiago" who participate in the Coordinadora Levante-Sureste
I suggest you print (best in A3 size) the map from the web, and when you begin the way, visit the Association of your starting point to get a hard copy. This one is pocket size (folded) and his weight is 23 g.

DSC_0048[1802].JPG DSC_0047.JPG

Useful for on the way re-planning is the following metro-like map:
https://www.facebook.com/coordinado...9996166382085/439996143048754/?type=3&theater
Less detailed is this other:
https://www.facebook.com/coordinado...9996166382085/439996146382087/?type=3&theater

Both are issued by the "coordinadora Levante-Sureste": https://www.facebook.com/coordinadoralevantesureste/
A free copy, 31cmX41cm, is available at the member Associations.

Hi, JLWV,
Can you tell us a bit more about the "coordinadora Levante-Sureste?" Is this a new organization? Who belongs to it? It's a great idea!

I remember when I walked the Levante that I frequently heard from people that the Levante groups were in conflict with the Sureste groups, with each group trying to promote its own camino at the expense of the other. That was not very productive, just made it harder for pilgrims to know what to do. It seems that good sense has prevailed, and we have some real coordination.

Buen camino, Laurie

The Camino map in the Forum shop has all the caminos on it. It is a good start for seeing where everything goes. There really needs to be a detailed map with the the Sureste/Levante/Ruta de Lana on it.
I'm trying to toss up between going to Almansa or Montealegre del Castillo via Caudete. Too many options!

Hello Laurie,
As far as I could see, the coordinadora is not a formal organisation (i.e. Asociación with legal statutes) but a meeting of Asociaciones of our Caminos, involved in improve collaboration and reduce/eliminate conflicts.

Declared participating Associations are:
A.C.S. del Sureste en Valladolid
A. Senderista C.S. de La Roda-Albacete
A.A.C.S. Cartagena
A.A.C.S. Avila
A.A.C.S. Murcia
A.C.S. del Sureste en Novelda (Alicante)
A.A.C.S. del Sureste en Villanueva de Bogas (Toledo)
A.A.C.S. y de la Santa Cruz en Cuenca
A.A.C.S. Comunidad Valenciana
A.A.C.S. Albacete (Alatoz)
A. Cultural A.C.S. en Villena
A. Manchega A.C.S. en Ciudad Real
A.A.C.S. Alicante
A.A.C.S. Almeria Jacobea
A.A.C.S. Cadalso de los Vidrios (Madrid)
A.A.C.S. Toledo en Escalona
A. Granada Jacobea
A.A.C.S. del Sureste en Caudete
Xabia Camino de Santiago (Javea, Alicante)

Not all associations have the same activity, (we are voluntaries, with different fields of action and limited resources) but I have evidencie of positive work.

Saludos
Jean-Luc

Hello Laurie,
As far as I could see, the coordinadora is not a formal organisation (i.e. Asociación with legal statutes) but a meeting of Asociaciones of our Caminos, involved in improve collaboration and reduce/eliminate conflicts.

Declared participating Associations are:
A.C.S. del Sureste en Valladolid
A. Senderista C.S. de La Roda-Albacete
A.A.C.S. Cartagena
A.A.C.S. Avila
A.A.C.S. Murcia
A.C.S. del Sureste en Novelda (Alicante)
A.A.C.S. del Sureste en Villanueva de Bogas (Toledo)
A.A.C.S. y de la Santa Cruz en Cuenca
A.A.C.S. Comunidad Valenciana
A.A.C.S. Albacete (Alatoz)
A. Cultural A.C.S. en Villena
A. Manchega A.C.S. en Ciudad Real
A.A.C.S. Alicante
A.A.C.S. Almeria Jacobea
A.A.C.S. Cadalso de los Vidrios (Madrid)
A.A.C.S. Toledo en Escalona
A. Granada Jacobea
A.A.C.S. del Sureste en Caudete
Xabia Camino de Santiago (Javea, Alicante)

Not all associations have the same activity, (we are voluntaries, with different fields of action and limited resources) but I have evidencie of positive work.

Saludos
Jean-Luc
Thanks, Jean-Luc, that is really great news. So many collaborators! This can only mean good things for both the Sureste and the Levante.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Grace,
Did you get what you needed? Phil and I are in Zamora as hospitaleros right now and we can go by the Ruta de la Plata Tourism Office and see if they have something. I will let you know.
Janet

Sorry, we were not able to find anything on this end since that part of the journey is not actually in the state/province of Zamora.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back