• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is there a pilgrim office in Madrid?

MontanaWendy

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Oct./Nov. 2012
I get to Madrid Oct 16 at 9:05 am. I am thinking I will stay that day and night in Madrid, and head to St. Jean on the 17th.
Is there a pilgrim office in Madrid where I can get my credential? Or is it better to get that in SJPdP?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Buenas tardes MontanaWendy, Perhaps you will have one from brokebackmountain! If you're staying overnight near Puerta del Sol you can get one in sacristy of nearby Plaza de Santiago chapel before/after evening mass. I recall it's at 7:30pm, but wander up in good time and enjoy. Yes you can easily get one in SJPP.
I declined the one offered to me in sacristy as I had enough to carry already but I recall the Camino de Madrid is booklet type while SJPP credencial is A4 card/leaflet type.

Buen Camino

Edit: Post your message also in Camino de Madrid forum.

Thank you! Yes, I will be staying near Puerta del Sol. I have reservations at Hostal Miralva for the night of the 16th. I did not see the Plaza de Santiago on the map, can you tell me where it is in relation to Puerta del Sol?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi, Wendy,
The church of Santiago is about a 10 minute walk from the Puerta del Sol. On google maps, if you type in Plazuela de Santiago as your destination from the Puerta del Sol, you'll see you go down the Calle Mayor for about 400 meters, turn right onto Calle de los Milaneses, then a quick left onto Calle de Santiago, and it's about 100 meters from there.

I was there for a sello when I walked the Camino de Madrid. Very nice priest.

There are a couple of other places to get the credential:

Asociación de Amigos de los Caminos de Santiago de Madrid
c/ Carretas 14, 7, B-1 (metro Sol)

Tlf.: +34 91 5232211
Tues and Thurs 7-9 pm all year
Wednesday 11 - 12:30 all year except July and August
Wednesday, 7 - 9 pm only in May, June, and July

You can also get the credential in the Cathedral (very close to the Church of Santiago), it's across from the Royal Palace.

Buen camino, Laurie

peregrina2000 said:
The church of Santiago is about a 10 minute walk from the Puerta del Sol. On google maps, if you type in Plazuela de Santiago as your destination from the Puerta del Sol, you'll see you go down the Calle Mayor for about 400 meters, turn right onto Calle de los Milaneses, then a quick left onto Calle de Santiago, and it's about 100 meters from there.
Map with Laurie's directions

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you for your suggestions. I did not see all of them before getting to Madrid. I stayed an extra day there to decompress from my flight... and this morning took the train to Pamplona. I am currently "lost" here... and need to figure out how to get to St. Jean.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back