• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is there a post office at the Madrid airport?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Is it fairly simple to figure out transport from T4 to T1 and the Correos?? I need to stay on in Europe in order to attend a wedding in Italy a few weeks after I finish my 2nd Camino. Would prefer to send ahead clothes rather than purchase them in Spain.

Thank you

Sandi

Hi Sandi, I arrived at T 4 this year and did what you are wondering about. I had a few hours between my arrival into Madrid and my next flight up to San Sebastián. I took my backpack with me, and I hopped on the intra-airport bus that's right outside the arrivals area. In about 10 minutes I was at the old terminal, which is broken down into T1, T2, and T3. I remember, I think, that the post office is a flight down. It is easy to find and of the people were very nice. After I mailed my box up to Santiago, I went back upstairs, hopped on the bus, and was back at T4, all in less than an hour. I had to go back through security, which took a little while because it was now the morning rush-hour at the airport, but I still had plenty of time.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Sandi, I arrived at T 4 this year and did what you are wondering about. I had a few hours between my arrival into Madrid and my next flight up to San Sebastián. I took my backpack with me, and I hopped on the intra-airport bus that's right outside the arrivals area. In about 10 minutes I was at the old terminal, which is broken down into T1, T2, and T3. I remember, I think, that the post office is a flight down. It is easy to find and of the people were very nice. After I mailed my box up to Santiago, I went back upstairs, hopped on the bus, and was back at T4, all in less than an hour. I had to go back through security, which took a little while because it was now the morning rush-hour at the airport, but I still had plenty of time.
Thank you so much! I won't be catching another flight. Just the metro or cercanias. So this is perfect news.

Sandi

Hello!

I know the thread has time here. I am planning to arrive sometime this month and send my luggage from the airport to Casa Ivar storage service. I just looked up at the Correo’s office at Barajas and seems to be temporarily closed. Any other alternatives than Correos at the airport?
Any Correos at the train station? If so which station?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello!

I know the thread has time here. I am planning to arrive sometime this month and send my luggage from the airport to Casa Ivar storage service. I just looked up at the Correo’s office at Barajas and seems to be temporarily closed. Any other alternatives than Correos at the airport?
Any Correos at the train station? If so which station?

Thanks in advance.
Try Googling correos, madrid, estacion or Madrid, postal services

Last edited:
I can confirm that the Correos office at Barajas is closed for covid. I have also gone to a Correos at Chamartín train station, but the Ayuntamiento of Madrid’s website tells me that is also closed.

If I’m doing the searching right, it looks like the closest Correos to Atocha station is at Hipercor Méndez Álvaro.

Which train station will you be traveling from?

Attachments

• AA568807-DF40-4CAF-B0D4-680A6D3DC031.png
    AA568807-DF40-4CAF-B0D4-680A6D3DC031.png
    823.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 174A2D5C-CC08-42D3-B7A8-884B7980B7B2.png
    174A2D5C-CC08-42D3-B7A8-884B7980B7B2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I can confirm that the Correos office at Barajas is closed for covid. I have also gone to a Correos at Chamartín train station, but the Ayuntamiento of Madrid’s website tells me that is also closed.

If I’m doing the searching right, it looks like the closest Correos to Atocha station is at Hipercor Méndez Álvaro.

That is too bad. The convenience was to have it right on the path, without many detours. I'll figure it out. Thank you.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Apologies I did not answer your question. I have some mobility issues this year, I’m planning to only walk the last 100K from Sarria. Was planning to take the train from Charmartin, but considering taking a flight to Santiago now, then a bus or transportation service to Sarria.

It was important for me to make it this year, maybe next year with better timing and the pandemic is under control I’ll walk the whole Camino Frances. I’ll send my luggage ahead from Sarria. Again thank you for the info.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Knowing that Google Maps is not always up-to-date, it does show a Correos office NEAR both Madrid terminal and Santiago terminal. Distances can be deceiving, but maybe someone locally can confirm for those who may need access for more than just a post box...

Knowing that Google Maps is not always up-to-date, it does show a Correos office NEAR both Madrid terminal and Santiago terminal. Distances can be deceiving, but maybe someone locally can confirm for those who may need access for more than just a post box...
The closest one I can see in Madrid is in the town of Barajas, about 2 km from the airport.

My assumption has been that there are people who are in transit or who have a chunk of time before leaving from the airport and who need to mail something. I don’t think that a post office off-site would likely be a good option, but you are right that in terms of distances, it isn’t that far. You would need a really long layover or be willing to have a cab take you, wait for you, and bring you back to the airport.

I just don’t know about Santiago, maybe Ivar can answer that. I would not be surprised, though, if the town of Lavacolla had a post office and maybe that’s what you are seeing.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Any idea if there is a post office at Barcelona airport? I can fly into there instead of Madrid from Brisbane. The website says there is one but other web searches say only post boxes….

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back