• Update: The images and attachemnets are now back, we are generating new thumbnails.... (this takes time with 20 years of photos). I know the notification icon gives an error. That error should be gone within an hour or two. Sorry again! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is there a season to the Madrid route?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
All albergues on the CDM seem to be accessible (not open) all year round . For most of them you have to look for the keys once you are there so i suspect in winter they may be cold . Two of them (Puente Duero and Villalon ) have hospitalero attending the site, believe opening should be from may to september, but better find out phone numbers here
http://todosloscaminosdesantiago.com/caminos/camino-demadrid/
and give them a call...

@trailroamer
Two days ago I finished CdM and stayed in albergues so can tell you that all have some kind of heating, mostly electricity powered. I will post comments in August when return home.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hooray KinkyOne! Looking forward to more information!

We are doing the Camino Frances starting in St. Jean pied de Port on August 28 and we would like to walk back to Madrid. I was uncertain if the albergues would still be open since this would probably not be till November.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Walking backwards the CDM will be a bit difficult at times and there will be nobody around to look for directions. How about Walking the CDM first then walk backwards the Camino Frances to SJPP ? Certainly a lot easier as far as markings , with more people around and a lot more albergues up and running.....

giorgio,
I like the website you linked. Hoping it is up to date?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
To my knowledge a new albergue was opened just outside of Segovia , zamarramala , i believe . Very good feedback so far...
also somewhere before Sahagun...check the forum...

Trailroamer, a new guide of CDM has just been published by Asociación de Amigos de los Caminos de Santiago de Madrid ( association of friends of CDM)
http://www.demadridalcamino.org/home
It says that 1:50000 maps are included so this would probably help you in your journey back to Madrid

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back