• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is there a way on foot to connect "Faros" and "Inglais"

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Several alone and with children
I'm really needing some help. I've tried to find the information and thank anyone and everyone for any input or recommendations.
I am taking my two daughters (10 and 12) to Lisbon in the Spring to do the Portuguese.
We have a friend who wants to go and is bringing her 18 year old daughter. I would "wing" this more and not worry so much about my questions if it was just my two daughters and myself. My two daughters have done Le Puy to Muxia last year at ages (9-10) so they should be fine, and much of that was camping outside. My friend has not done anything of this sort but super willing!

So we are thinking Lisbon to Santiago
Santiago to Finesterre and then do the "Faros" to Malpica.

A recent pilgrim here added the Inglais to his venture after Portuguese and that has gained a lot of my attention. He bussed to the start.
He seemed to have suggested starting in Covas.
Does anyone have any suggestions on this?
Wondering if we can walk that and if so how many days about.Willing to bus it if needed.

This was the first I had heard about Covas...

Thank you,

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We walked the English Way and connected on to the Portuguse Camhino in Santiago which meant walking from Ferrol to Lisbon. It was pretty straight forward, well it would have been if we hadn't chosen to do it in reverse and in winter...

I haven't done the Faros route but apparently there is an 8 day green arrow marked route between Malpica and Finisterre, so you should be able to walk from Lisbon to Santiago and then continue onto Finisterre and Malpica (those this isn't the Ingalis). Laurie @peregrina2000 started a thred on this in the Finisterre section of the forum earlier this year and this thred includes links to the Faros web site which should help you, sorry my lack of technical skills don't enable me to paste them here.

Thank you Hel and Scott!
I have studied those and pretty much set on the Portuguese from Lisbon (still trying to get that "do Mar" part confidently in my plans), to Santiago then to Finesterre and then to do that eight day Faros route, which seems like there is some good info out there about it. Now though I'm thinking of getting on the Inglais from that route (so will be walking "Faros" backwards, based on typical info out there).
So my worry is connecting Malpica to the Inglais.
...I certainly won't feel guilty taking a bus that small bit if needed, but it seems like there might be someway to connect them.
There are just so many things I want to do....sounds like a Dr Seuss book...
Huge thanks!
Neve

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ok, sounds like you are doing a loop. It's not that far from A Corona so if you don't find anything before you get there you can always blaze a trail using some of the local minor roads, hopefully along the coast. All the best.

Ok, sounds like you are doing a loop. It's not that far from A Corona so if you don't find anything before you get there you can always blaze a trail using some of the local minor roads, hopefully along the coast. All the best.
Yes, I think that is my plan at the moment...though sometimes I feel my mind changes like the wind...

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back