• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is there a way to find friends pilgrims?

gamblerqza

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - Astorga - Santiago de Compostela - Finisterre 2013
Hello everyone! :)

I wanna ask if someone know how to find friends pilgrims from my Camino expirience? We walked for a long time together through all the way, but suddenly we parted ways and we were unable to exchange our contacts. I wonder if I ask in some albergue where we were staying for names of pilgrims for current date, will they share that info?

Does somebody has a better idea how to find our friends pilgrims?

Thank you!
Happy Easter!

V.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

I wanna ask if someone know how to find friends pilgrims from my Camino expirience? We walked for a long time together through all the way, but suddenly we parted ways and we were unable to exchange our contacts. I wonder if I ask in some albergue where we were staying for names of pilgrims for current date, will they share that info?

Thank you!
Happy Easter!

V.

Hi!

I would second kanga's advice. I was also searching for a German pilgrim I met in 2011, but without success. Also sent e-mails to a few albergues that I know this person was sleeping in but no response from the staff. I guess they were so busy with pilgrims arriving each day. But you never know when the person you're searching for will join this forum ;)

Ultreia!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
KinkyOne, Kanga, thanks for your answers. I'll try to send some mail to these albergues, as you said you never know. :) Next time on the way I'll be more thorough!
If it is written, we will meet again. :)

Thank you fellows!

BR,
V.

Thank you!
Happy Easter!

V.
Hi V.
You never realise until later, some of the chance encounters that leave a mark, and you wish you'd got contact details.
Then again, I'd end up with a book full as they are all special when you walk through it again with your photos. Good luck with your search.
On a previous thread though /suggestion was to 'post a photo ' here of your camino friend.
Would also help to mention camino dates walked along with name, country of origin and main language spoken etc as above).

If anyone on this forum walked then, they may recognise him/her, and have the contact details . you may be lucky.
Annie

Annie, you are quite right about everything! It is a pity that we could not make even a single picture together, I shot a hundred pictures, but unfortunately only nature and beautiful views. The guys we met were from East Germany, 27-28 years old couple. I remember the name of the girl only, it was Andrea. We walked together from Rabanal del Camino to Melide the dates between 9 and 16 of September 2013. There were a lot of lovely people there I hope if someone recognize me or my girlfriend from picuters of our blog, they can say "Hi!". We will be very glad! :)

Thank you again for your responsiveness!

BR,
V.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ivar,
At the risk of institutionalizing the Camino is there some way by which this Forum could inform people at critical points along the way, the pilgrim office at SJPdP and other principal ones that the following forums (name them) are resources for "finding lost people"? Those of us who were lucky enough to find it beforehand are fortunate but there are many who are not even aware of it. I too am looking for an "Elaine" from either Oregon or Washington State who left suddenly last September after Villamayor de Monjardin because of a medical issue.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back