A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Is this a record?

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 to 2017
I left the office at 15:00. They are on track to hit 3,000 pilgrims processed today. It appears that a lot of groups waited for the weather to break before starting from Sarria and Tui.

When I arrived at 10:00 today for my last day as a volunteer (this year) the queue was already down the stairs from the terrace to the garden. That is a good two-hour wait for single pilgrims. Groups of 4 or more are handled offline, and do not need to queue. That line remained constant all-day.

Hope this helps.

KJFSophie

My Way, With Joy !
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2014 & 2015 ) ,Via San Francesco, Italy (2017 )
Camino Portugese (2018 )
I left the office at 15:00. They are on track to hit 3,000 pilgrims processed today. It appears that a lot of groups waited for the weather to break before starting from Sarria and Tui.

When I arrived at 10:00 today for my last day as a volunteer (this year) the queue was already down the stairs from the terrace to the garden. That is a good two-hour wait for single pilgrims. Groups of 4 or more are handled offline, and do not need to queue. That line remained constant all-day.

Hope this helps.
@t2andreo , I'll be arriving 10/01/18 (God Willing ) and have several days in Santiago before departing for home. If I go to the pilgrim's office on a day other than my arrival date, what is the date placed on the Compostela? Can I request the date I actually arrived, as it would be the accurate date?

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - central from Oporto (2018 - planned)

Hope this helps.
Wait, if I join up with 4 other people I can skip the 2 hour wait? I would be making friends very quickly in the line!

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 to 2017
@t2andreo , I'll be arriving 10/01/18 (God Willing ) and have several days in Santiago before departing for home. If I go to the pilgrim's office on a day other than my arrival date, what is the date placed on the Compostela? Can I request the date I actually arrived, as it would be the accurate date?
You can request anything. It is up to the person at the counter to decide.

Hope this helps.

Camino(s) past & future
'
And to put it into perspective: according to current news report, something like 2 million to 2.6 million pilgrims are expected to start their pilgrimage (this weekend? this month?) in Mecca. I read an article (not in English) about some of the many measures that the authorities have taken to cope with the masses. For example, the pilgrimage involves throwing of stones at a certain place and apparently the authorities have installed "five levels" to allow more people to do this at the same time. So, there is a lot of room for more peregrinos at the Cruz de Ferro, for example. :cool:

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 102 15.7%
  • May

Votes: 165 25.4%