• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is this a record?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I left the office at 15:00. They are on track to hit 3,000 pilgrims processed today. It appears that a lot of groups waited for the weather to break before starting from Sarria and Tui.

When I arrived at 10:00 today for my last day as a volunteer (this year) the queue was already down the stairs from the terrace to the garden. That is a good two-hour wait for single pilgrims. Groups of 4 or more are handled offline, and do not need to queue. That line remained constant all-day.

Hope this helps.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I left the office at 15:00. They are on track to hit 3,000 pilgrims processed today. It appears that a lot of groups waited for the weather to break before starting from Sarria and Tui.

When I arrived at 10:00 today for my last day as a volunteer (this year) the queue was already down the stairs from the terrace to the garden. That is a good two-hour wait for single pilgrims. Groups of 4 or more are handled offline, and do not need to queue. That line remained constant all-day.

Hope this helps.
@t2andreo , I'll be arriving 10/01/18 (God Willing ) and have several days in Santiago before departing for home. If I go to the pilgrim's office on a day other than my arrival date, what is the date placed on the Compostela? Can I request the date I actually arrived, as it would be the accurate date?

Hope this helps.
Wait, if I join up with 4 other people I can skip the 2 hour wait? I would be making friends very quickly in the line!

@t2andreo , I'll be arriving 10/01/18 (God Willing ) and have several days in Santiago before departing for home. If I go to the pilgrim's office on a day other than my arrival date, what is the date placed on the Compostela? Can I request the date I actually arrived, as it would be the accurate date?

You can request anything. It is up to the person at the counter to decide.

Hope this helps.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
And to put it into perspective: according to current news report, something like 2 million to 2.6 million pilgrims are expected to start their pilgrimage (this weekend? this month?) in Mecca. I read an article (not in English) about some of the many measures that the authorities have taken to cope with the masses. For example, the pilgrimage involves throwing of stones at a certain place and apparently the authorities have installed "five levels" to allow more people to do this at the same time. So, there is a lot of room for more peregrinos at the Cruz de Ferro, for example. :cool:

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back