• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is this how we Can feel on Camino??

David

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 2005 from Moissac, France.
Hey, all. The thing is, is, I LOVE this video ... Is this how we feel when we surrender into Camino? It is how I feel? With tiredness', exhaustion .. but really .. if we let go ... We feel like this (after a couple weeks perhaps) don't you think??

Tell me, tell me that it doesn't bring you great joy. It brings me Great joy - and somehow, for me. is So Camino - our true pilgrimage.

Is this not a thing of true joy, does it not warm your Camino heart???

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hey, all. The thing is, is, I LOVE this video ... is it Freudian sexual sublimation or joy? Is this how we feel when we surrender into Camino? It is how I feel? With tiredness', exhaustion .. but really .. if we let go ... We feel like this (after a couple weeks perhaps) don't you think??

Tell me, tell me that it doesn't bring you great joy. It brings me Great joy - and somehow, for me. is So Camino - our true pilgrimage.
Joy! We humans, how utterly wonderful we are .... no, really, how wonderful we are, to be born again as human, how wonderful - I So love being here, born here, where I am ...

No need for commentary.......

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I have seen police, firemen, teachers, nurses and God knows how many different groups doing this dance to raise spirits and money for charity, nothing sexual about it IMO, I think you are reading too much into it.
BTW Warner music have persued several groups for thousands of Euro for using the music in these videos.

Hey, all. The thing is, is, I LOVE this video ... is it Freudian sexual sublimation or joy? Is this how we feel when we surrender into Camino? It is how I feel? With tiredness', exhaustion .. but really .. if we let go ... We feel like this (after a couple weeks perhaps) don't you think??

Joy! We humans, how utterly wonderful we are .... no, really, how wonderful we are, to be born again as human, how wonderful - I So love being here, born here, where I am ... May the Good God bless you -whether you think there is one not ... Enjoy the Joy.

I have to say I came 'late to the party' with this song @David
I must have been hiding under a rock when it first came out.

But since discovering it a couple of weeks ago, I can't get it out of my head!

If you were going to pick a 'voice for the World' it would have to be Nomcebo Zikode wouldn't it?
And who would have thought the World would be dancing and singing along to a song in isiZulu :)
Song really has no language barriers.......

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Not sure I get where the Freudian bit is coming from at all, sorry.
It's not the singer, lyrics, music.... what else?
To me it exudes love, faith and joy. simple.

Hey, all. The thing is, is, I LOVE this video ... is it Freudian sexual sublimation or joy?
I agree this is a fun video but... really? Freudian sexual sublimation? Like every other video that's been created using this song, can't it just simply and purely be a group of human beings enjoying a dance party?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Maybe someone should do a Freudian analysis of the OP. Really, is there any point at all to the suggestion? Provoking for the purpose of provocation is really not consistent with the sense of community that usually flourishes on the forum.

I don't think it was meant literally, but maybe in the context of how we channel our energies into the Camino.

I don't think it was meant literally, but maybe in the context of how we channel our energies into the Camino.
Don't really know how you can take the phrase "Freudian sexual sublimination" any other way than literally in this case. If not meant literally, then why use it, given who the participants are in the video?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Joy! We humans, how utterly wonderful we are .... no, really, how wonderful we are, to be born again as human, how wonderful - I So love being here, born here, where I am ... May the Good God bless you -whether you think there is one not ... Enjoy the Joy.

Thank for posting.

In response to some comments I have edited my post and the title.

I meant no harm with my post, it was supposed to be tongue in cheek, not serious. Probably I think too logically rather than emotionally as it never occurred to me that it would cause comment, only a smile or two.
In every psychology department library there are shelves filled with books whose subject is the sublimation of natural urges and desires into other activities (first recognised by Freud). Nuns and priests either do not have the primal urge or suppress it. If an urge is suppressed it may come out in a different form - No harm was meant - it was not serious ... and it is a Joyful video, don't you think?

The words are mainly "Jerusalem is my home - protect me" - here the creator of the song -

and here a 30 minute compilation of people all over the world joyfully dancing to it - the Camino is a dance, of sorts ...

Enjoy!!

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Seriously David,
Not sure what you've started here...in this house anyway
Himself is wondering what's going on!
I've just spent the last hour watching and listening to videos from all over the world, singing and dancing to Jerusalema...at a fairly high volume too!!
It's not like I haven't got better things to do with my time this morning!!
The neighbours had better watch out though ...
One could easily break into a song and dance whilst walking to the shop with this catchy and joyful tune

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Seriously David,
I've just spent the last hour watching and listening to videos from all over the world, singing and dancing to Jerusalema...at a fairly high volume too!!
One could easily break into a song and dance whilst walking to the shop with this catchy and joyful tune

It's OK @Annette london, you'll be sick of it............
in about a month.
maybe........ :eek:

Freud and armchair psychology still present, I see, although tuned down now. Click bait? Like @Robo, I must have lived under a rock because until yesterday I had never heard of the Jerusalema challenge, never heard of this tune created by a South African DJ, and while catchy it’s very repetitive and apparently “house” music. I thought the language was Portuguese but it is Zulu.

Now I’ve watched a couple of other videos, including a 30 minutes mix, children, wedding parties, hospital staff - both separated by gender and mixed, make of it what you will -, firemen teams, police persons, garbage collectors, young attractive women in bikinis, teenagers, school kids, more nuns and priests possibly in Rome and together in group formation on the same open square .... all cheerful and joyful and fun to watch. Exuberant even. And those small kids and their dance moves ... amazing.

Oh, and the Redemptorists and Redemptoristines? The video makes it looks like they perform the dance somehow together. In reality, they didn’t, neither in space nor time. The video is a mix of two separate videos, both of them also available on their YouTube channel. The nuns also accepted the ice bucket challenge that went viral years ago. All good fun. Either to watch or to participate. For a good purpose.

Any parallels to caminoing? None. Camino videos rarely go viral. ☺️

Last edited:
more nuns and priests possibly in Rome and together in group formation on the same open square
Correction: It’s a video of the Jerusalema challenge performed by friars and sisters in Legnano in Italy. An accompanying article says that the person who made the video on their mobile phone managed to capture some of the joy that the Franciscan Mission of Legnano in Italy is bringing to the locals. The dance moves are impressive — after all, these friars and nuns are wearing sandals, cassocks and habits — and their joie de vivre spreads around the crowd. And: Their aim is to follow in the footsteps of Christ by bringing friendship, peace, and comfort to the streets.

And that’s perhaps the most relevant message: You can enjoy life and living anywhere in the world, or do some good for others and bring joy to others. You don’t have to travel to Spain to do a long walk. :)

Edited to add: The Franciscans of Legnano did a flash mob a few years ago, dancing to an Italian earworm tune, but with essentially the same dance moves as they did to the Jerusalema tune now. ☺️

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
And last but not least: When you ask for opinions, you get opinions.

My opinion is: Yes, fun to watch but don't try so hard to press everything into an artificial Camino frame. Someone else posted a similar video a few days ago, see here No apologies for repetition - I need this. It's a video of a camino walker who performs the dance movements to the pop song "Happy" while walking on a Camino trail in Spain. He posted it because it makes him feel happy to watch it. Ten posters agreed in subsequent comments.

Ah, the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. ;)

Last edited:
Wow! late to the party? Definitely! Normally, I sneak away from this kind of show. I have been sent umpteen copies of various versions of this kind of video. Maybe I am a sitting target? I just think David wanted to share something that gave him a bit of a lift, and that is no bad thing in these trying times. I would not venture into anything beyond the visible. Not my particular source of giving a smile, but I have only admiration actually for people who try to raise the spirits of others. Punto.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hey, all. The thing is, is, I LOVE this video ... Is this how we feel when we surrender into Camino? It is how I feel? With tiredness', exhaustion .. but really .. if we let go ... We feel like this (after a couple weeks perhaps) don't you think??

David, I love this. Playful, joyful, and blissfully consumed in the moment. Thank you!

It's all a lie. Went to Catholic school in the 60s, nuns are mean! I shared this thought with the nun that checked me in at the alburge, Espirto Santo, in Carrion de Condes. She agreed, growing up, she said she was afraid of them. Then we laughed.

In response to some comments I have edited my post and the title.

I meant no harm with my post, it was supposed to be tongue in cheek, not serious. Probably I think too logically rather than emotionally as it never occurred to me that it would cause comment, only a smile or two.
In every psychology department library there are shelves filled with books whose subject is the sublimation of natural urges and desires into other activities (first recognised by Freud). Nuns and priests either do not have the primal urge or suppress it. If an urge is suppressed it may come out in a different form - No harm was meant - it was not serious ... and it is a Joyful video, don't you think?

The words are mainly "Jerusalem is my home - protect me" - here the creator of the song -

and here a 30 minute compilation of people all over the world joyfully dancing to it - the Camino is a dance, of sorts ...

Enjoy!!

Thank you, David. It is delightful and simple.
And it does express my overall sense of the Camino even on the days I could not have done one of those moves at the end of the day.

Thanks for the changes to the text and title. It lets us just focus on the joyful affirmation of life in times of great challenge! That sounds like pablum, probably, but it is hard not to get some glimmers of hope while watching these videos. Those children! Those old people! Those firefighters, police officers, medical professionals, and on and on.

here the creator of the song

Thanks so much for posting that video. I assume that this DJ is now a worldwide sensation, and his sister singer also.

BTW Warner music have persued several groups for thousands of Euro for using the music in these videos.

Does this mean that the creator of the song has sold his rights to Warner? I surely hope he was appropriatly compensated, though I know nothing about the music industry. It’s not clear to me that it is in Warner’s best interests to start suing people around the world dancing joyfully to the same song!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Does this mean that the creator of the song has sold his rights to Warner? I surely hope he was appropriatly compensated, though I know nothing about the music industry. It’s not clear to me that it is in Warner’s best interests to start suing people around the world dancing joyfully to the same song!
The artist would be contracted to Warner so they would own rights to the music of this artist as I understand it.
The German police authority have already made a settlement with Warner so I'm sure they will pursue others.

Does this mean that the creator of the song has sold his rights to Warner?
Yet another new interesting topic on the Camino de Santiago forum :)! The creator of the song, with stage name Master KG, is an established musician and record producer, and popular in his region. He is signed up with Open Mic Productions in South Africa. And they in turn have exclusive deals with other record companies for international distribution, among them Warner Music Group Deutschland and Warner France, I guess for all of Master KG's music and not just Jerusalema. It was the German Warner branch that wrote letters to police crews and fire brigades and pointed out that there are licence fees to pay under certain conditions. At least one German regional state forked out money to Warner, according to news reports.

Here's the link to Master KG's own YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_RJl9jP_UVSmULyIAdnv3g/videos. Skeleton Move is an earlier hit and I see now that there was a Master KG Skeleton Move Dance Challenge two years ago. 1 millions views on YouTube. I had never heard of it before. I live under many rocks. 😀

Last edited:
Seriously David,
Ditto.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back