• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

It is a small world here in Costa Rica!

Shawnasong

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2016
I just have to share...

I was at a luncheon this afternoon with quite a large group of people. I was sharing with a friend about my September 6th departure for the Camino, and she said "Oh, I think I have a friend going there pretty soon." I was delighted...and then blown away when she got up and went to that friend sitting 4 people away from me down the table.

You all can imagine the glorious feeling Diana Fox (oregonwalker?) and I shared as we hugged and squeezed with that instant connection that is forged just by being part of the Camino, even though we haven't done it yet. Actually, I'm not sure if Diana has done it before. Anyway, she leaves on the 5th. I have a feeling we will be seeing each other again. She starts in Roncesvalles, and I in SJPdP.

I went back to my husband and said, "See, I'm not the only one doing this..."

Pura vida and Buen Camino! Life is so awesome.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Well, here I am too in Costa Rica and.....I happen to know Diana Fox!

I just have to share...

I was at a luncheon this afternoon with quite a large group of people. I was sharing with a friend about my September 6th departure for the Camino, and she said "Oh, I think I have a friend going there pretty soon." I was delighted...and then blown away when she got up and went to that friend sitting 4 people away from me down the table.

You all can imagine the glorious feeling Diana Fox (oregonwalker?) and I shared as we hugged and squeezed with that instant connection that is forged just by being part of the Camino, even though we haven't done it yet. Actually, I'm not sure if Diana has done it before. Anyway, she leaves on the 5th. I have a feeling we will be seeing each other again. She starts in Roncesvalles, and I in SJPdP.

I went back to my husband and said, "See, I'm not the only one doing this..."

Pura vida and Buen Camino! Life is so awesome.
It was so exciting to meet you Shawna. You're so right about that instant connection just by virtue of being committed to walk the Camino. (Although both of us being from Oregon was also quite a coincidence). Have a great flight and enjoy your walk into Roncevalles. I look forward to seeing you somewhere on the Camino.
Pura Vida and Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You're right it's such a small world, I know you'll both have a fantastic journey.

Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back