• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

It just 'became real'!!!!

CWBuff

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances & Finisterre 05-07/22 Fran 26? d Nort 27?
Got a call from my Department Manager couple of minutes ago. He spoke to our company's CEO and I got a full blessing for ALL 6 weeks requested (never been done before in the Co's history!!!!)
Currently I am simply overwhelmed with emotions!!!

God Willing... Holy Year 2021 Mid-May --> early July... and maybe DW shall await for me at Praza do Obradoiro (and even in some way accompany to Finisterre!!!!)

I dont think this Forum has enough emojis to adequately show my elation!!
👍😂😀😁😍🥰🙏👣🕺

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
@falcon269
thanks falcon - that is the plan and nope - nothing is going to die 1/2 wy up the Pyrenees

As an amusing anecdote if you will... the steepest elevation during my walk yesterday (I alluded to it in the Liner Socks thread I started couple of days ago) and I am sort of 'looking up' and chanting "Orisson, Orisson!!!!...in FRENCH!!!! 😁)

Congratulations!!

Fantastic news, while not religious myself I think completing a Camino in a holy year must be extra special.

Burn Camino,

Rob.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Got a call from my Department Manager couple of minutes ago. He spoke to our company's CEO and I got a full blessing for ALL 6 weeks requested (never been done before in the Co's history!!!!)

God Willing... Holy Year 2021 Mid-May --> early July... and maybe DW shall await for me at Praza do Obradoiro (and even in some way accompany to Finisterre!!!!)

👍😂😀😁😍🥰🙏👣🕺
I see you have some time to wait... maybe this little story will add to your sense of what is real -

Attachments

• 33A75EE0-00EA-4A0E-9AA7-B179ECE63CDB.png
    33A75EE0-00EA-4A0E-9AA7-B179ECE63CDB.png
    496.3 KB · Views: 22
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

👍😂😀😁😍🥰🙏👣🕺
Congratulations!! That is THRILLING NEWS!!!! Buen Camino!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
It is amazing on how much of an immediate support i got from ALL OVER! (and it is equally amazing on how many people have no idea what the Camino is and\or never heard of the Movie...but then again I was one of them about 2 years ago or so...)

I am going to a Meet of Philadelphia Chapter of Americans on Camino tomorrow. Cant wait!!!
Perhaps some of the Members of the Forum will be there as well. If so - will be pleasure to meet you tomorrow and I am bringing my homemade hummus (was toying with an idea of this being my meal offering at one of the albergoes where we all cook the meal but don't think lugging my 9-cup Cuisinart food processor will be a good idea, camaraderie or not 😁)

Congratulations on getting the time off! I was able to cobble together 5 weeks one year, against all odds, and I remember the sense of victory.

(Wish we in the States could count on that sort of thing more often!)

I'm a member of the Philadelphia Chapter (resident of Elkins Park), although I won't be attending the meeting tomorrow. It has been a good group when I've attended events in the past...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I must say that I love rabbits, velveteen and all, and IMHO he IS REAL!!!! 👍
His cousin Harvey on the other hand.....:oops:
Thank you for adding to my store of knowledge. I predate Harvey. If I ever saw it, it has evaporated. I will eventually track it down. If I can remember how to bookmark, and then remember that I did that! I love the Velveteen Rabbit and always give it to people I know who come over to learn English.

@kirkie
LOL!!!! I remember when I came to US in 1975 (as I usually quip 'long long time ago in a Galaxy far far away')
I was learning my English by watching The Looney Toons on TV (OMG! a COLOR TV and, like 10 channels....:eek:😂)
I wish someone gave me The Velveteen Rabbit

When I began teaching English to asylum seekers, and economic migrants, what did you call that yellow person? Not the Flintstones, - the Simpsons! Yes! That was the primary out of class source of learning the lingo!
Returning to your thread title: I hope and wish that the reality will meet your hopes, and hope to follow you, if I am still able to push buttons when you set off on your real camino. In Spanish, real has a regal dimension to it, by the way. So walk tall, and look the world right in the eye...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.