• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

It Started by a Dutch radiostation and is spreading around Europe

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
In Dutch language the news about it.
By the way, the Spionkop is not in the Netherlands, but in South Afrika. But Virgil van Dijk is the great Dutchman playing for Liverpool.

My uncle was a huge HUGE Liverpool football fan and every family event that I can ever remember as a child always included everyone singing along to this song at the end of the night ... my dad was one of 11 and I had 52 cousins so they were big events :oops: Later after the terrible disaster at Hillsborough the song became even more special to Liverpool fans... it actually brought a little tear to my eye thinking of the 96 and families that refused to stay quiet until the truth came out.

And of course... as a fan of musical theatre... I'm always reminded of Carousel... and the big ending ☺

Thanks Peter... seems like a great song for what's happening right now 🥰

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Without running to Google -
People who live in New York are New Yorkers
People who live in Berlin are Berliners ("doughnuts" and all ;) )
People who live in London are Londoners
People who live in Liverpool....?
:)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If we are going to ponder on Scouse and its origins - the next thing you know @alexwalker will be a Liverpoodlian!

👋
Well maybe he is!!!

We'll have to wait for him to sign on
A Danish dish was mentioned too in the origin of the word

Then again, we're all a mix of something or other and it's fascinating to look into our genealogies.

With all this time that I'll be having on my hands "being confined" to the house, it might be just the time to get those boxes done for the 2 sets of grandsons on where they came from.
Hopefully it will help them on where they are going!!!

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Then again, we're all a mix of something or other and it's fascinating to look into our genealogies.
My wife always was totally sure that she is German (on her father side) and Italian\English (on her mom's)
then she decided to do some genealogy digging; if anything it was piqued by my ACW involvement and we were curious to see if any of here ancestors fought in the conflict.

Be it that her dad's folks got here shortly pre-WWII obviously it was her mom's side we zeroed in on.
The Italian\English took us to about 1 generation post-ACW where we found one of GGG(G?) fathers marrying some Czech girl 'straight from the boat'

At which point I officially declared my wife to be 100% Genuine Good Ole American Mutt! She gleefully agreed
:D

Without running to Google -
People who live in New York are New Yorkers
People who live in Berlin are Berliners ("doughnuts" and all ;) )
People who live in London are Londoners
People who live in Liverpool....?
:)
Liverpudlians.Liverpudlians

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My wife always was totally sure that she is German (on her father side) and Italian\English (on her mom's)
then she decided to do some genealogy digging; if anything it was piqued by my ACW involvement and we were curious to see if any of here ancestors fought in the conflict.

Be it that her dad's folks got here shortly pre-WWII obviously it was her mom's side we zeroed in on.
The Italian\English took us to about 1 generation post-ACW where we found one of GGG(G?) fathers marrying some Czech girl 'straight from the boat'

At which point I officially declared my wife to be 100% Genuine Good Ole American Mutt! She gleefully agreed
:D
I think most of us are mutts if we go back far enough whether we know it or not.
A friend had blond hair, blue eyes who was all Swedish and had a Swedish last name. He had blue/yellow decor all over his house. After taking the DNA testing discovered he was mostly Jewish...quite the surprise.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If we are going to ponder on Scouse and its origins - the next thing you know @alexwalker will be a Liverpoodlian!

👋
I'd always heard the term "Scouse git" which I understood was a somewhat more slangy term than "Liverpudlian." I just looked it up, and it said this:

From Gerry and the Pacemakers to the Monkees...and from the sublime to the ridiculous!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Lovely images, as good as that amazing song. Heartwarming both. ❤

So scousers💪, that’s news to me and something I've learned today.
This site is great, and also another occasion to be grateful.

In Dutch language the news about it.
By the way, the Spionkop is not in the Netherlands, but in South Afrika. But Virgil van Dijk is the great Dutchman playing for Liverpool.
And learned his trade at Celtic listening to the same old song, Hail Hail

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Sacred song for Liverpool FC fans. Me included ;)

And also very appropriate for current situation.
This thread is verging on the edge of insensitivity ;) :eek::oops:

Not everyone born and bred in Liverpool (as I was) is a "Liverpudlian".

There are two Premier League football teams based in Liverpool. One founded in 1878, and then Liverpool FC which broke away from it in 1892.

But we are friends :):):):):):)

Except twice a season. ⚽

There are two Premier League football teams based in Liverpool. One founded in 1878, and then Liverpool FC which broke away from it in 1892.

Except twice a season. ⚽

There is only one proper team at the Merseyside though (Tranmere Rovers).

€83,-

Except twice a season. ⚽
Well, sorry, but to those of us non-local and particulary of a certain age, the term "Liv...lian" has no connection with football! I can clearly remember the Beatles, etc. being described in 1963 as "Liv...lians." And football didn't come into it at all.

Wikipedia seems to agree..."Natives and residents of the city of Liverpool are referred to formally as Liverpudlians, but most often as Scousers, a reference to "scouse", a form of stew. The word "Scouse" has also become synonymous with the Liverpool accent and dialect."

There is no sport any more.
But BBC just now is showing old Match of the Day. Right now it is 1985 FA Cup quarter finals Everton v Ipswich. No spoilers......but this was in the days before penalty shoot outs.
And as some lad just said: "derz two teams in dis city: Everton, and Everton Reserves!!!"
Most people won't be able to see it, sadly, but if you can https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcone

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back