• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Itinéraire pèlerin de Saint-Jacques de Compostele Vézelay Monique Chassin

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
My Itinéraire has just arrived, Fifth edition, and I am hard at work, I have so little French-go straight, right or left is easy enough, quickly figured out that oblique means veer or bear in a particular direction-the rest is hard going, much can be resolved with common sense and my all but defunct Latin, thank goodness for mechanical translation on the 'net.
My question: The opening page of the Itinéraire contains an important message: to consult a particular website:
www.saint-jacques-par-vezelay.eu

in order to obtain recent updates. Punched it in and the computer comes back "Never heard of such a place" No Longer Available" "Go Away You Bother Me" and the like. Has this site crashed? Is it really gone? Is there a different place to look? I am more than happy with what I received and will be working on my Camino until I leave in April but would be nice to access any update.

Thank you

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
When I go to that site now I get the following message:

Information : l’association « Saint-Jacques par Vézelay » ayant cessé son activité au 1er juillet 2013, le site a été suspendu.

which is to say that the Association Saint-Jacques par Vézelay ceased activity on July 1, 2013 and the site has been suspended.

Thanks pudge, my computer is often impolite, refusing to talk with me and I never saw the message-still the material I have is quite comprehensive and I am sure to manage-thanks!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Well, if you're not philosophically opposed to Facebook (I am, so I totally get it if you don't want to go there), the book does have a Facebook page:/QUOTE]

That is a problem with many things these days. I have a strong dislike of joining Facebook, and so am excluded from a number of discussion avenues because the only choice is Facebook. A pity - it works both ways, I don't communicate with them, nor they with me. Janet

Well, if you're not philosophically opposed to Facebook (I am, so I totally get it if you don't want to go there), the book does have a Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Itin...la-voie-historique-de-Vézelay/120184838054290
Thanks again pudge, the facebook page seems to have many partial updates which I am copying, the full text of each one refers back to the saint-jacques-par-vezelay.eu site which as we discovered is gone. I am willing to take any crumb. No, not philosophically against Facebook but I do have issues with pilgrims who are so focused on their smartphones they bump into things while walking, fight over who plugs in first to recharge, and who don't pick up their heads when meeting other pilgrims in coffee shops, bars, albergues, gites, or on the Camino/Chemin. That is, however. another issue. Thanks again and now I'll will return to my Sisyphusian efforts at translation.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back