• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Itineraire du Pelerin de Saint-Jacques

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

I just received my 2010 packet of material published by the Amis et Pelerins de Saint Jacques de la Voie de Vezelay. It is excellent almost beyond description; it even includes a plastic pouch the right size for the maps that has a cord for hanging it around one's neck!

It allays all my reservations about the route, which centered on many long stages. There are plenty of intermediate stops for the weary. I am not good about training adequately, so I need a couple of weeks to build up stamina. Starting with 35.3 km was not high on my list of things to do. It turns out that there are quite a number of options for shortening the first day, as well as other days.

It is expensive, but I minimized shipping cost to the U.S. by a mail order from a bookstore in Quebec.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Librairie Paulines
2653 rue Masson
Montréal, Qc
H1Y 1W3

Téléphone: (514) 849-3585
Sans frais: (888) 454-8739
Télécopieur: (514) 849-6791

<libpaul@paulines.qc.ca>

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
There are refuges at really good intervals along the way for the first few weeks. Some of the refuges are in out of the way villages, but the people of the village keep a well stocked larder for which you pay in the honesty box. The pilgrim refuges dry up again when you get to the limousin area, but there is a good grapevine along the way which directs you to a successive number of gites run by english speakers - which for my part is lovely! They are more expensive, but at between 15 - 20 Euros a night they still remain good value. Enjoy you planning. Cheers, Janet

Which route are you taking from Vezelay - the northern or southern, Falcon?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back