• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Itinerary check - any feedback?

LGLG

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP - Finisterre (2005) ; LePuy - Muxia (2007) ; Porto - SC. (2009) planning Lourdes- SC (2018)
My husband and I will be setting off from Somport to SDC on August 17 - I've done the Arragones about 10 years ago, and though I have beautiful memories of it, I know I did it too fast then. Being that much older and with a few health issues, I look forward to doing this section in a more relaxed way and also allow for some more sightseeing. The intention is to later speed up a little once on the CF which we won't preplan/prebook. For the Arragones, however, we have made several bookings (some in albergues, some private) to avoid being forced to walk further than we intended because of limited accommodation options. Since we can still change bookings free of charge at this stage, I am posting our itinerary here in the hope of some useful feedback from people who have travelled the Aragones more recently. Thank you for your input.

Day 1: bus from Lourdes, walk from Somport to Canfranc - 11.2 km
Day 2: Canfranc to Jaca, 19.3 km - sightseeing, and provisions.
Day 3: bus/taxi excursion to San Juan de la Pena (and Santa Cilia?) - return to Jaca
Day 4: Jaca to Puenta La Reina de Jaca - 21.4 km
Day 5: Puenta La Reina de Jaca to Artieda - 20.2 km
Day 6: Artieda to Undues de Lerda - 22.4 km
Day 7: Undues de Lerda to Sanguesa - short day, stock up provisions, rest. - 10.5 km
Day 8: Sanguesa to Lumbier via Gorge de Lumbier - approximately 10 km????
Day 9; Lumbier to Monreal - 20 km ???
Day 10: Monreal to Olcoz (booking needs to be confirmed still) - 19.6 km?
Day 11: Olcoz to Puenta La Reina - 12.5 km

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi compañero peregrino!
it all sounds like a great plan for your camino, it is only a pity you will miss Arrés and Ruesca, two very special places, but might compensate it in part by seeing the amazing Foz de Lumbier, particularly if it is a week day early in the morning and you are there on your own (youselves, a dozens of vultures).

I can tell you that Sangüesa-Lumbier 15 km, the 23 more onto Monreal, as per my mobile GPS.

Buen camino!

My husband and I will be setting off from Somport to SDC on August 17 - I've done the Arragones about 10 years ago, and though I have beautiful memories of it, I know I did it too fast then. Being that much older and with a few health issues, I look forward to doing this section in a more relaxed way and also allow for some more sightseeing. The intention is to later speed up a little once on the CF which we won't preplan/prebook. For the Arragones, however, we have made several bookings (some in albergues, some private) to avoid being forced to walk further than we intended because of limited accommodation options. Since we can still change bookings free of charge at this stage, I am posting our itinerary here in the hope of some useful feedback from people who have travelled the Aragones more recently. Thank you for your input.

Day 1: bus from Lourdes, walk from Somport to Canfranc - 11.2 km
Day 2: Canfranc to Jaca, 19.3 km - sightseeing, and provisions.
Day 3: bus/taxi excursion to San Juan de la Pena (and Santa Cilia?) - return to Jaca
Day 4: Jaca to Puenta La Reina de Jaca - 21.4 km
Day 5: Puenta La Reina de Jaca to Artieda - 20.2 km
Day 6: Artieda to Undues de Lerda - 22.4 km
Day 7: Undues de Lerda to Sanguesa - short day, stock up provisions, rest. - 10.5 km
Day 8: Sanguesa to Lumbier via Gorge de Lumbier - approximately 10 km????
Day 9; Lumbier to Monreal - 20 km ???
Day 10: Monreal to Olcoz (booking needs to be confirmed still) - 19.6 km?
Day 11: Olcoz to Puenta La Reina - 12.5 km
I walked "The Aragones", this year, in may. I think you have made a good plan.
Be careful from Artieda to Undues de Lerca. The camino between Artieda and Ruesta can be a little hard to find because of road-word. The local people told us not to walk on the camino from Ruesta to Undues de Lerca because it was not safe because of very bad weather. So you better ask when you get there. Buen Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back