• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Itinerary Le Puy-Santiago

biloute

Time of past OR future Camino
Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (summer 2014), Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (possible summer 2019)
I planned out my itinerary using Miam Miam Dodo, trying to base my days on distance but also considering what lodging is available in each place. I arrive in Paris May 29 and will immediately take a train to Le Puy, where I'll have a day to get acclimated and then start walking on the 31st. My return flight leaves Madrid on August 11, so I don't have too much wiggle room. I do have several days that will be longer, though. If you have any feedback on rest days or possibly another place to stop that'll spread the distances out better, let me know. The itinerary is in the Google doc below.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...v6YIUbzsd65lfodrQeLNR7E/edit?usp=docslist_api

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I did use that site to begin with, but it doesn't have any options for the Vallée du Célé, and some of the "stops" it lists don't have a place to stay and/or eat. That's why I decided to go with Miam Miam Dodo.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
If it is really busy a fixed itinerary might be needed, but the best stops we have made have been places we found along the way we liked. Sometimes we'd find a bar for lunch, have a few beers and ask around for a nice B&B, and decide to take the afternoon off. Other days when the weather and health were particularly good we'd go until late in the day. I think you might miss out on some great experiences if you are too set on an itinerary.

You will be a day or so ahead of me and my 4 friends who will be leaving Le Puy on 1st. I have pre booked most places because we are five but if I were to do this on my own I would walk each day as it came and let the journey take me where it wanted. In any case - I cant wait! Enjoy your walk.
caminotim.wordpress.com

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
.....my 4 friends who will be leaving Le Puy on 1st. I have pre booked most places because we are five
caminotim.wordpress.com

Tim, we had four friends walk with us for two weeks on the Le Puy route and indeed, we had a blast! But you're right, it's the only time I've had to book ahead more than a day. This is a photo of us being served Armagnac - generously!. ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1397905088.113146.jpg

Don't miss the Armagnac museum in Condom!

I know you feel worried about timing it to reach Santiago- but I don't think you should feel bound to stick with a pre-planned itinerary, except as a rough guide. You might find your body wants to slow down or speed up at different points, or the weather might affect your plans. And you might meet others you want to 'hang with' at certain times as well.
Enjoy the chemin! Buen Camino.
Margaret

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back