• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

It's official we are doing the Rota Vicentina in March!

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Several alone and with children
Huge thanks to Laurie for putting the bug in my ear about this gorgeous trek.
I am taking my daughters with me (ages 10 and 12), we will fly into Lisbon and spend two days there before heading South.
Time permits so I am hoping after reaching Santiago to do the Camino dos Faros and then head over to the Inglais from there.
We camped out for much of our Le Puy to Santiago route so I am curious if we will find the chances to do so on this route. We are prepared for any situation though.
Thank you to those who have shared so much about your adventures and inspired us, I promise to do the same.
I will blog on my camino only blog
shefollowsshells.blogspot.com

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
@shefollowsshells I am so glad you will be walking again with your daughters - I loved your previous blog! The story about the local floozie was a highlight. Looking forward to reading your adventures.
You are so sweet!!!! Hoping to sleep with other town floozies on the way! This past week was the anniversary of us sleeping with ol' Mimi, who pretended she'd never seen us once the sun came up. We call the tourist office every few months to check on her.
Hugs,
Neve

Yay, ditto what Kanga said! :):):)
Now I have to go and look up the Rota Vicentina as it is yet another camino I know nothing about.
Neither did I, but got pretty hooked within minutes!
I'll try my hardest to take great notes as others have done before me.
Hugs,
Neve

How wonderful, and with your daughters! As you know I also walked the Rota Vicentina in March. Hope you have the great weather I had!

Look forward to hearing about it, also should you end up walking the Dos Faros route which is on my short list.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for making me aware of this Camino! It sounds amazing. Do you have links to information on accommodation along the way? Are there hostels, etc along the walk or is it mostly camping?

Thanks for making me aware of this Camino! It sounds amazing. Do you have links to information on accommodation along the way? Are there hostels, etc along the walk or is it mostly camping?
Hi Allen, I am just now starting to piece together this walk using post here under the forum.
If you read my thread by clicking on a side bar or something I can see where it might not be noted that there is an entire sub forum dedicated to this walk. So click on the sub forum Portuguese Camino and once under there there are sub forums and there is a sub forum just for this little hike titled Rota Vicentina. The threads are few but full of a lot of different information, atleast three people literally sharing their stages in complete and one of the threads with the actual places she stayed, the cost etc...
Once I walk it I will share everything I can too!!!!
I might be wrong but I don't think any of the notes I have read have anyone camping out...(though we hope to...)...
I did just order a guidebook from the official ?????? web site on the route. Its not in yet, and I got that site from the forum (if I knew it off hand I would link it, it was a great source and showed he map that made me understand the "fisherman's route" vs the "historical route" that everyone was talking about.
Thankfully our dear pilgrim family who has walked this route has been awesome with sharing, had they not I would not have considered it.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you. I had been thinking about a Camino in Norway until I read your post and now I'm have second thoughts! This one looks amazing and probably can be done earlier in the season.

We walked the Camino Portuguese last May and it was really hot so I can imagine this one would be good to do earlier in the spring. I'll start my research as well!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back