• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

It's that time of year finally!

Laliibeans

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2014)
So prices for flights from Australia to Europe have finally begun to drop, which means that my family will be able to book soon and it'll actually feel like we're on our way!

Some people think that the Camino is a cheap experience, but not when you're coming from this far away! The airfares make up half our expected expense for the whole trip.

We've been waiting so long for this time of year!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Laliibeans. What time of the year are you looking at travelling to Europe.
Could you give a general idea of the price range offered.
Tks Gerard

So prices for flights from Australia to Europe have finally begun to drop, which means that my family will be able to book soon and it'll actually feel like we're on our way!

Some people think that the Camino is a cheap experience, but not when you're coming from this far away! The airfares make up half our expected expense for the whole trip.

We've been waiting so long for this time of year!
I also am about to book my flights from here in Perth - intending to leave here around the 20th April, 2014 -. I do so agree with you re the cost of the airfares from Aust.....not an inexpensive exercise at the best of times. Buen Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yes, Lalibeans and Susanwee it was good to hear that the specials had begun. I looked a couple of weeks ago and was horrified at the prices to Barcelona from Perth.
I'm thinking about the Norte next May. Emirates are down to $1550/1650 or thereabouts for certain flights a big difference from $2600.

Yes, Lalibeans and Susanwee it was good to hear that the specials had begun. I looked a couple of weeks ago and was horrified at the prices to Barcelona from Perth.
I'm thinking about the Norte next May. Emirates are down to $1550/1650 or thereabouts for certain flights a big difference from $2600.

Hi there, that's great news for me, as it looks like my Camino del Norte will begin next April...maybe booking now is a good plan..., I hope to catch up with everyone at the next WA meet up, any dates yet? ;-)

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
It isn't inexpensive from here either. The least expensive flights I've seen are about $1300 unless I want to travel for twice as long as the more direct flights would take and even then the savings is just a couple hundred $. Hardly worth the time and hassle.
Hope you find a good flight at a great price.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Laliibeans. What time of the year are you looking at travelling to Europe.
Could you give a general idea of the price range offered.
Tks Gerard

From Adelaide Emirates and Etihad are both below $1000. Heading home they are still over the $1600 mark, but I'm sure they'll come down soon, too.

I have been watching flights from the US and they continue to hover around $1300....

Prices from the southern hemisphere usually drop markedly between September and February because it's the off-season for us (people like to spend the blistering hot summer here for some unfathomable reason). I've never really understood the logic of it, given that I've always planned flights well in advance and had thought that was typical. Apparently not though! From talking to a few people, they only book flights a couple of weeks before they go (in Aussie winter) so by then the prices are almost double what they are in off-season.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back