• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Its time to pack

paul m kidd

:D

Hola, after a year of debating will i or wont i the time has finally come. I leave Scotland tommorow morning at 5am and arrive in Santiago around 6pm. I am so excited, a bit nervous but i can't wait.

I wanted to say a big thanks especially to Ivar and Dael (from Fife, Scotland) both of whom have been a wealth of information and advice, Cheers guys !

I'd also like to thank everyone else who uses this forum and contributed the benefits of their experience and concerns, without which the pilgrims journey would be far harder...keep posting :D

Hasta Pronto

Paul

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
How far are you walking?

I walked from O'Cebreiro to Santiago last week - although it was hard at times I felt healthy and refreshed at the end. After a couple of days rest I'd almost rather be back for another week rather than returned to work!

Blessings on your camino.

Wulf

Hi Wulf

Im walking from Sarria to Santiago a distance of about 110 km. Congradulations on completing your journey, was it your first time? This will be the first for me.
Thank you for your good wishes

Paul

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It was my second year, over the same route. The walking isn't too difficult from Sarria to Santiago, although pleasant enough. My favourite section is stetch just before that, from O'Cebreiro through to Sarria, but there are plenty of interesting areas ahead of you (plus the aspects of the camino experience that don't depend on being in a particular location).

By the time you get back I should have finished working through my pictures and be at least most of they way through publishing (belated) daily reflections on my blog!

Wulf

I look forward to seeing the rest of your pictures, glad the road from Sarria is not too difficult - i dont think my knees would hold up...
A lot of people ive spoken to mention that once you have completed your first camino you get the bug, do you think that's what happened to you?

best wishes

Paul

I would certainly like to do it again or do some other long distance walks. I'll probably give the last 100 miles of the Camino Frances a break for a while but might try an earlier section or a different route (one idea that appeals is starting in Santiago and walking to Finisterre and perhaps back again).

Wulf

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I like the idea of Finisterre, i was going to do that once i reached santiago, but not sure if i will have the time or the energy now. I should hopefully have a few days to spare when i finish so i might just hang aroung santiago before i go home.

Paul

Santiago is a beautiful city... at least, it's beautiful once you get to the centre - the last few km from Monte de Gozo and through the outskirts were somewhat mundane (although, if you are of a spiritual bent, I guess you could see it as a reminder to walk by faith, not by sight!).

You could probably take a bus to somewhere near Finisterre if you don't fancy any more walking but you can figure that out when you get there - don't waste the experience of the camino by trying to plan too far ahead!

Wulf

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back