• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Ivar and Xacobeo 2010

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

As you know I just started the Camino Travel Center in Santiago , helping pilgrims with their travels to and from Santiago.

A few weeks ago I was approached by Xacobeo (the organization that promotes the Camino de Santiago) and they asked me if I was interested in helping them with their Online promotion for 2010 (holy year). They explained their project to me and it really sounded interesting. So...

My good friend, Frank (yes he is a forum member) has agreed to help me out in the Camino Travel Center while I help Xacobeo. I will be with Xacobeo at least out 2009, then we will see.

I have my first day today, will be back with more Camino Info from Xacobeo as soon as I have something to tell. Working on new content for the new http://www.xacobeo.es site now.

Greetings from Santiago,
Ivar

Cecilia

Congratulations, Ivar! Looks like a win, win, win: a great asset for Jacobeo, great opportunity for you, and somehow a gift for all pilgrims. un abrazo,
Cecilia :)

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Camino(s) past & future
Many, various, and continuing.
Yay Ivar!
Just don´t let yourself be charmed into the Great Xacobeo Myth: The Camino de Santiago DOES NOT begin and end totally in Galicia!

Reb.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Rebekah Scott said:
Yay Ivar!
Just don´t let yourself be charmed into the Great Xacobeo Myth: The Camino de Santiago DOES NOT begin and end totally in Galicia!
Reb.
This time, Xacobeo will promote the whole camino. The new man in charge has understood this. This is what makes this new Xacobeo interesting! We are planning some interesting things for the web as well, so far Xacobeo online has been... not so interesting.

Saludos,
Ivar

ksam

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese '08, Frances '11, del Norte '14, Invierno '16, Ingles '17, Primitivo October 2018
Xacobeo will promote the whole camino. The new man in charge has understood this.

Maybe this will help...over time with the problem we've heard, about other areas not being so well marked...witness Gareths trip last year! Congrats Ivar...

Buen Camino, Karin

Ribeirasacra

Camino(s) past & future
the highway
Good luck with your new line of work.
I understand that "they" also wish to launch the Camino de Invierno next year. So when you hear more about this then please ask "them" where is the accommodation? It is a point that seems to have slipped their minds, when planning this route.

PILGRIMSPLAZA

flyer on history Saint James in Holy Year 2010

Hi Ivar,

Wonderful! Congratulations on this inspiring job!

May I grasp the opportunity to present a suggestion to the Xacobeo organisation to surprize the Santiago pilgrim community with a flyer on the history of Saint James in the next Holy Year 2010?

I think it can all be told in a few phrases, but we've all witnessed on the forum how hard it is to get the experts to explain this ultimate but simple question in a short answer in simple language.

Blessings!
Geert

Advertisement

Booking.com