• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Jacobús through La Rioja

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
If you are short of time, but would still like to see more of the camino, consider taking the Jacobus tour from Logrono.
The Jacobús is an original bus tour which takes you through villages and towns, landscapes studded with grapevines and sites of great cultural importance in La Rioja, so you can see at first hand all the elements that make up the Jacobean culture.
The Jacobús begins operating on Saturdays in April, May and June this year. The trip lasts from 10am to 7pm, and makes various stops along the route:
The departure point is Logroño, where the “passengers” will have the chance to visit the church dedicated to the apostle, the pilgrims’ fountain, and on the ground, a giant board game based on the Way.
- The next stops are in the towns of Navarrete and Nájera, where you can visit the monastery of Santa María la Real.
- And you won’t want to miss the genuine “Pilgrims’ menu”: potatoes with chorizo, pork loin a La Riojana, peaches in wine and bread and wine from the La Rioja area.
- Then, villages such as Azofra, Santo Domingo de la Calzada (and its famous cathedral) and Grañón are the next “stations”, after which passengers can enjoy a delicious hot chocolate in a pilgrims’ hostel.
As well as the chance to enjoy a pleasant day out, you’ll discover many of the mediaeval legends and miracles that have taken place along this route. These include “The miracle of the hanged pilgrim”, associated with the cathedral of Santo Domingo de la Calzada. If you like the idea of touring the region in a different kind of bus, there are also other options are available in La Rioja on other related subjects. The Vinobús (or wine-bus), for example, offers different themed routes around the vineyards and wineries in the towns and villages of La Rioja. 23 euro

http://www.spain.info/reportajes/camino ... rioja.html

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back