• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Jacotrans

Angus

Time of past OR future Camino
May (2015)
could some veteran please explain how this service works. Their website is difficult to understand. Do they start in St. Jean? Or is it strictly a Spainish company? Would love to lighten my load from St. Jean to Roncesvalles and forward for about 1 week.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
could some veteran please explain how this service works. Their website is difficult to understand. Do they start in St. Jean? Or is it strictly a Spainish company? Would love to lighten my load from St. Jean to Roncesvalles and forward for about 1 week.
I started using it from Orisson, about 8km after sjpp. Never used their website. There are special tags/envelops at the reception of every alberque/hostel. You just fill up the tag (name, destination, contact phone/email) , put the money (exact amount) in the envelop, attach it to the pack and leave it at the reception. Simple as that. At some alberques they would call the night before to confirm Jacotrans pick-up. So, do inquire at the alberques if that is necessary.
Several other pilgrims were emailing/texting them also. You will find all the details once you are on the Camino.

Last edited:
I started using it from Orisson, about 8km after sjpp. Never used their website. There are special tags at the reception of every alberque/hostel. You just fill that up (name, destination, contact phone/email) attach it to the pack and leave it at the reception. Simple as that. At some alberques they would call the night before to confirm Jacotrans pick-up. So, do inquire at the alberques if that is necessary.
Several other pilgrims were emailing/texting them also. You will find all the details once you are on the Camino.
Don't forget the dinero. The special tags are actually envelopes into which you need to put the exact amount of dinero required - cash, and as I recall in 2013 this was 7 euro. This charge decreased to 3 euro after Sarria.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Don't forget the dinero. The special tags are actually envelopes into which you need to put the exact amount of dinero required - cash, and as I recall in 2013 this was 7 euro. This charge decreased to 3 euro after Sarria.
oops thanks for the reminder. Post updated.

oops thanks for the reminder. Post updated.
Don't forget that there are other compagnies offering the service. I heard that there is a bit of "tension" between mochila service providers including some Warning alberges that if they offer enveloppes of a competitor they would stop delivering mochilas to that alberge, therefor hurting their business.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Does Jacotrans only deliver from stage to stage (Brierly) or to places in between?
Our Camino has been set back by 12 days after we both caught the flu and then my husband, Max, got a chest infection. We are lucky to have found a nice hotel with a balcony overlooking Yamaguchi Park and next to the hospital. (We have been in Pamplona-our starting point- since May 6)
We will have to start out slowly and I was thinking 10/12 km/day with one pack sent ahead would get us back on the way.
Any ideas?
Thanks. Sue

Jacotrans and alternative services have a list of places they pick up and deliver, and each place they go to has the list. If you see Jacotrans tags in your hotel or an albergue, ask about destinations. They have many more than the "Brierley" stops.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Does Jacotrans only deliver from stage to stage (Brierly) or to places in between?

As long as you pay them, Jacotrans picks up and delivers pretty much everywhere. Speedy recovery and Buen Camino! SY

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have always used Caminofacil for my groups and I love them.
They are dependable and affordable.
Also, from SJPP to Roncesvalles, you can have bags transported by Express Bourricot.
As far as I know, she's the only game in town there and also runs a taxi service.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back