• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Jakobsweg

efdoucette

Time of past OR future Camino
2011 Camino Frances
Since 2011 - too many to list
Hello,

Does anyone have any information on the Jakobsweg trail from Nuremberg to Konstanz. I know there is a guidebook on the CSJ site, I have that on order, but was wondering if there are any other guidebooks, websites, blogs, videos available.

Thanks again contributors!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello,

Does anyone have any information on the Jakobsweg trail from Nuremberg to Konstanz. I know there is a guidebook on the CSJ site, I have that on order, but was wondering if there are any other guidebooks, websites, blogs, videos available.

Thanks again contributors!

Quite a bit of info here:
http://www.deutsche-jakobswege.de/wege-uebersicht.html
and there:
http://www.jakobus-info.de/jakobuspilger/germany.htm

Those are the sites I used when preparing to walk Prague-Strasbourg in 2011. A wonderful experience.
Have a good one.

Jean-Marc

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I walked the Nuremberg to Konstanz stretch in 2013 and blogged it. The "yellow book" Conrad-Stein series guidebook linked by Syates was quite useful even with my very basic knowledge of German.

Last edited:
I walked the Nuremberg to Konstanz stretch in 2013 and blogged it. The "yellow book" Conrad-Stein series guidebook was quite useful even with my very basic knowledge of German.
Great, I look forward to reading your blog, thanks for sharing.

I may be in Munich on June 30th through August 7th. I am thinking of things I might do with my 17 year old son. I walked part of the Camino early last Spring from Leon to Santiago, and am wondering if I might do part of the Munich Camino (Jakobusweg). Are there peregrino albergues on the route? I guess they would be called Pilgern Herbergen... or some such. Does anyone have experience walking?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
part of the Munich Camino (Jakobusweg).
Bavaria is just lovely for walking - I encourage you in this notion! The Conrad-Stein-Verlag "yellow book" guidebooks are in German, but with excellent maps, elevation profiles, stage suggestions, transit connections and other services. This one may be useful from Munich: https://www.conrad-stein-verlag.de/p/verlag/show_result1.html?suchBegriff=Munchen&gruppe[]=Jakobswege I usually stayed in a Gasthaus, or country inn with restaurant on the ground floor. So, a private room with private bath, clean sheets, enormous breakfast with leftovers for lunch for 25-45 Euros. Dinner separate, from the menu, price according to your needs and wants. Occasionally it is possible to stay in a monastary guesthouse. All in all, a little more expensive than France but you get more for it, so a comparable value.

The Germans love to walk for weekends and holidays, so they have a very well-developed infrastructure. Routes were very well marked, leading from the center of town in front of church to the next town's church. Routes were well maintained. Innkeepers, shopkeepers and tourism offices are comfortable with my very limited German or in English. I really enjoyed walking in Germany. My blog covers details - I walked from the Czech border through Nurmberg and Ulm to Konstanz, so did not pass through Munich. Please let us know how you get on!

Bavaria is just lovely for walking - I encourage you in this notion! The Conrad-Stein-Verlag "yellow book" guidebooks are in German, but with excellent maps, elevation profiles, stage suggestions, transit connections and other services. This one may be useful from Munich: https://www.conrad-stein-verlag.de/p/verlag/show_result1.html?suchBegriff=Munchen&gruppe[]=Jakobswege I usually stayed in a Gasthaus, or country inn with restaurant on the ground floor. So, a private room with private bath, clean sheets, enormous breakfast with leftovers for lunch for 25-45 Euros. Dinner separate, from the menu, price according to your needs and wants. Occasionally it is possible to stay in a monastary guesthouse. All in all, a little more expensive than France but you get more for it, so a comparable value.

The Germans love to walk for weekends and holidays, so they have a very well-developed infrastructure. Routes were very well marked, leading from the center of town in front of church to the next town's church. Routes were well maintained. Innkeepers, shopkeepers and tourism offices are comfortable with my very limited German or in English. I really enjoyed walking in Germany. My blog covers details - I walked from the Czech border through Nurmberg and Ulm to Konstanz, so did not pass through Munich. Please let us know how you get on!

Thanks so much! I am looking for albergue/monastery places to stay as this trip and its costs are unexpected. My 17 yo son was supposed to meet up with his cousin at the end of a school trip-- but now his cousin can't meet up with him, and I need an adult to claim him from the school group. I may have to go, and the prices for airfare are running about $1600 round trip. I lived in Heidelberg (and can read and speak some German), but my German friends are on holiday. -- I read through your blog this morning. It sounds wonderful! Are the hostels listed in the guide you mentioned above? Thanks!

Thanks so much! I am looking for albergue/monastery places to stay as this trip and its costs are unexpected. My 17 yo son was supposed to meet up with his cousin at the end of a school trip-- but now his cousin can't meet up with him, and I need an adult to claim him from the school group. I may have to go, and the prices for airfare are running about $1600 round trip. I lived in Heidelberg (and can read and speak some German), but my German friends are on holiday. -- I read through your blog this morning. It sounds wonderful! Are the hostels listed in the guide you mentioned above? Thanks!

Do I need a pilgrim's passport? Credencial?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The Conrad-Stein guidebooks list a few lodgings in each town, mostly ones directly on the route. So it is not as comprehensive listing as, say, Miam Miam Dodo is in France. This listing from the German-language-site also lists lodgings and contact info but not prices.
http://www.hanna-jakobsweg.de/page/wegbeschreibung/Unterkunftsliste.html Also I suggest you contact forum member SYates (a native German-speaker living in Prague) for assistance in identifying the less-expensive lodging options. For the Gasthaus, a credencial is not needed (although you can get yours stamped). Often there will be a lower room rate for pilgrims, if you do have a credencial. The lower-cost pilgrim lodgings (Pilgerherberge and private homes) do require a credencial.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

For those who will walk something different , https://www.jejuolle.org/trail_en#/...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back