Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Masks
This week, 50% off ALL Camino Masks
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Javier's byline in El Pais

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
Great article - I now think of him as "Saint Javier" for shepherding these youths along the Camino to Santiago. Takes courage, and as you say, a great deal of patience!

lynne

Javier Martin

Veteran Member
peregrina2000 said:
I am pretty sure that this article, http://elviajero.elpais.com/articulo/vi ... avje_1/Tes, written by Javier Martin, must have been written by OUR Javier.

It's a nice diary report of a trip of 5 totally unprepared teenagers who walk from Sarria to Santiago.

Nice job, Javier -- were you the group leader? Now that would require patience and many other skills I'm sure I don't have! Laurie

Hi, Laurie, I must say it's not mine!

Buen Camino, hoping to be there. But, you must know, Nieves is actually working as a hospitalera in Herbon (very close to Padron) and I've been also with her last weekend!

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

peregrina2000

Staff member
Well, I assumed it was you, since I thought you had all the many talents necessary to take care of a group like this!

I have seen pictures of the albergue at Hebron and think that it must be an absolutely terrific place to stay. Do you have any sense of what the numbers of peregrinos are like? I remember Nieves saying that it was a few kms "out of the way" and off the camino so I assume that will mean it won't be totally swamped. I'll have to walk the Camino Portugues again so I can enjoy it!

Laurie

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings