• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Resource icon

Jean-Christophe Rufin, Immortelle Randonnée. A pilgrim's review

Felipe

Veteran Member
Felipe submitted a new resource:

Jean-Christophe Rufin, Immortelle Randonnée. A pilgrim's review - Review, books about the pilgrimage to Compostelle

The book: Jean-Christophe Rufin, Immortelle Randonnée : Compostelle malgré moi, Chamonix, éd. Guérin, 2013, 272 p. (My bad translation: Immortal Walk: Compostelle in spite of me).
Another edition, with photos, 2014.

The author: a physician, writer, diplomatic, alpinist, volunteer in many ONGs that aid poor countries. A member of the Academie Française, a very appreciated honor in a country that greatly esteems literature (and not only bestsellers); its members are called “the...

Read more about this resource...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
This is one of the rare books I have read twice. And with a highlighter for future reference.

First of all it is actaully well written, Rufin is no amateur author. Also, his insigth on how foot steps affect the brain is interesting and bang on.

Now, he, like Coelho, goes a little overboard with the wilderness aspect of ot, the turning into a homeless person or just about. Yes he walked the Norte, but even the Norte is glamping.

"Glamping"...I duly annotated this word. It may come handy, coming to think of it. It seems bang on :) for my next vacations.
Ah, the infinite variety of languages and idioms. I love them.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
"Glamping"...I duly annotated this word. It may come handy, coming to think of it. It seems bang on :) for my next vacations.
Ah, the infinite variety of languages and idioms. I love them.
"Glamourous camping". Got to love it. Did it in Africa, with staff getting up early to have boiled water for tea and run out for groceries even if we made up our own tents and helped with cooking. Sleeping in an albergue is utter luxury.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back