• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Jersey/Pennsylvania/Delaware Meet Up?

ksam

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Via Francigena...2024
Hey, see there are some fellow Tri-State folk here on the forum. We're looking to perhaps start a local Chapter of the APOC in the Philly region. Currently there is a small handful who are planning on meeting up in Philly on Saturday April 26th. We do not have a set time as of yet and a place is pending. Probably downtown area. This makes it pretty easy to get to for all of us. If your interested, msg me and as details firm up I'll post'em here too! Hope to see new pilgrims, old pilgs and perhaps those just thinking of the Camino but not yet ready to commit! Or is that be committed ?

Karin

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hey, see there are some fellow Tri-State folk here on the forum. We're looking to perhaps start a local Chapter of the APOC in the Philly region. Currently there is a small handful who are planning on meeting up in Philly on Saturday April 26th. We do not have a set time as of yet and a place is pending. Probably downtown area. This makes it pretty easy to get to for all of us. If your interested, msg me and as details firm up I'll post'em here too! Hope to see new pilgrims, old pilgs and perhaps those just thinking of the Camino but not yet ready to commit! Or is that be committed ?

Karin
Hi - I'd love to go but I'm a bit too far away (upstate NY). But wait - I could walk - I think if I start around April 10th or so I could make it! Do you think there are many arrows between Albany and Philly??? I'll be there in spirit at least - Cherry

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi - I'd love to go but I'm a bit too far away (upstate NY). But wait - I could walk - I think if I start around April 10th or so I could make it! Do you think there are many arrows between Albany and Philly??? I'll be there in spirit at least - Cherry
OMG!! I know where that is....yeah you are a bit out there for joining us!! There is also a group that meets in NYC...also a distance for you. I'll have to give you a holla next time we're up in the Corning are!! :)

Ok we have a date, a time and a place!! April 26th at 6pm, Smokin Bettys 116 S 11th St, Philadelphia, PA. We've made a tentative reservation for 10. We can up the numbers if we need to but would need final numbers by probably the Wednesday before. So final info should be by April 23rd. Looking forward to meeting more of you!

Maybe next time. Lunch would be better time for us...but I guess we could always stay over night in one of the many free places in Chester --houses without doors or windows.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hola from northern Delaware!

I'm in the early stages of planning our Camino Frances for May 2017 with my oldest son as college graduation trek. My other son and wife may join us for all or part of the trek due to their work schedules. As a start, I've ordered John Brieley's - A Pilgrim's Guide and a CD of Hesperion XX (Jordi Savall) - Moyen Age & Renaissance to help set the mood while researching. I've listened to a few podcasts, watched The Way, and I would like to read more. We are seasoned backpackers/travelers who relish the idea of this trek with only a daypack! I would like hear your stories, advise and learn from you! My excitement has me wondering if I can wait till May of '17! Safe travels, Jake

Hi Jacob,
We now have an APOC Philadelphia area chapter in full swing. Go to the American Pilgrims on the Camino website, area chapters, to find the latest meetings and group walks.
Buen Camino! Pam
www.americanpilgrims.com

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi again. I will PM you.
Pam

Hola from northern Delaware!

I'm in the early stages of planning our Camino Frances for May 2017 with my oldest son as college graduation trek. My other son and wife may join us for all or part of the trek due to their work schedules. As a start, I've ordered John Brieley's - A Pilgrim's Guide and a CD of Hesperion XX (Jordi Savall) - Moyen Age & Renaissance to help set the mood while researching. I've listened to a few podcasts, watched The Way, and I would like to read more. We are seasoned backpackers/travelers who relish the idea of this trek with only a daypack! I would like hear your stories, advise and learn from you! My excitement has me wondering if I can wait till May of '17! Safe travels, Jake

Forget about 10% of body weight - excluding water, my pack weighs about 5lbs - silk sleeping bag liner not sleeping bag, no spare trousers or shoes, trail runners, one merino wool t-shirt, one tech-t shirt, shorts, hat with enough shade to protect back of neck, good rainproof jacket (say Gore-Tex pac-lite as gold standard), four pairs of socks, merino wool underwear - I use a 12L pack but you might go higher, say 15-20L - if you want some more modern spanish music, try luar na lubre (one of their songs is called chove en santiago!) - the merino wool will suit the wide range of temperatures that you can expect in May

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Forget about 10% of body weight - excluding water, my pack weighs about 5lbs - silk sleeping bag liner not sleeping bag, no spare trousers or shoes, trail runners, one merino wool t-shirt, one tech-t shirt, shorts, hat with enough shade to protect back of neck, good rainproof jacket (say Gore-Tex pac-lite as gold standard), four pairs of socks, merino wool underwear - I use a 12L pack but you might go higher, say 15-20L - if you want some more modern spanish music, try luar na lubre (one of their songs is called chove en santiago!) - the merino wool will suit the wide range of temperatures that you can expect in May
Gracias!

Most read last week in this forum

This may seem petty since the actual donation cost was minimal, but in February 2024, I sent some money to American Pilgrims (americanpilgrims.org) for two credentials in advance of an April 2024...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.