• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Jesus and Abraham Trails in Israel

Kevin Considine

Time of past OR future Camino
We were in Egypt in March 2020 when the land border crossing was closed due to Covid. Finally getting there in March.

Planning to walk the 75K Jesus Trail in its entirety as well as a few days on Abraham Trail around Jericho and Masada.

Wondering if anybody can offer insights or suggestions for two independent pilgrims?

Also plan to do some walking around Petra (Jordan) as well?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I suggest you look into Palestinian -supported groups like Siraj Center that offer walks. I was going to go on their Nativity Walk a while back - Nazareth to Bethlehem in the West Bank, staying with families. Support Palestinian groups.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I suggest you look into Palestinian -supported groups like Siraj Center that offer walks. I was going to go on their Nativity Walk a while back - Nazareth to Bethlehem in the West Bank, staying with families. Support Palestinian groups.
Yes. We were hoping to do that as part of Abraham Trail goes through Palestinian Territory

Masada will be hot. There is also a Jewish pilgrimage to Masada where people try to climb all the way up to the plateau. Wouldn't advise it but you may be keen - but you may only be able to climb in the dawn light due to heat. There is a cable car.

Also Israel to an outsider is a very complex place with many, many arguments under the surface. Intra-arab and intra-Jewish as well. Best listen as your views one day, may be different the next. But it is a wonderful place which I would like to visit again.

Edit: One of the signs that challenges your views, especially if you have come from the other side at Bethlehem.

Attachments

• Bethlehem.jpg
    Bethlehem.jpg
    683.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Masada will be hot. There is also a Jewish pilgrimage to Masada where people try to climb all the way up to the plateau. Wouldn't advise it but you may be keen - but you may only be able to climb in the dawn light due to heat. There is a cable car.

Also Israel to an outsider is a very complex place with many, many arguments under the surface. Intra-arab and intra-Jewish as well. Best listen as your views one day, may be different the next. But it is a wonderful place which I would like to visit again.
The Abraham Trail goes through Masada I believe.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We were in Egypt in March 2020 when the land border crossing was closed due to Covid. Finally getting there in March.

Planning to walk the 75K Jesus Trail in its entirety as well as a few days on Abraham Trail around Jericho and Masada.

Wondering if anybody can offer insights or suggestions for two independent pilgrims?

Also plan to do some walking around Petra (Jordan) as well?

Have a look at these videos from Sara Dhooma on the Israel National Trail...

Most read last week in this forum

An article in the weekend edition of the Irish Times. I hope it can be accessed. If not, just follow the website above. Go n-éirí an bóthar leat, Credit for Gaelic version, @wayfarer...
The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.