• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

jewellry

jayney

Hi,
just wondered what everyone does re: wearing jewellry while walking the Camino? I was going to take minimal, just wear one pair of pierced earrings and no rings. I guess the less you take the easier it is to not lose it.
thanks, Jayney

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Exactly. No need for jewels anywhere on the Camino, there won't be any opportunity for dressing up! I know I always like to keep at least a little pair of stud earrings in when I travel but never take anything more than that. I alway wear a sports watch with a built-in alarm when I travel - serves two purposes and don't have to carry a separate alarm clock! Not necessary for waking up early to start walking but nice when in a hotel before/after the camino and have to wake up early to catch a flight!

Minimal jewelry! I wore a pair of small hoops that I never removed... one ring and a simple gold chain. When I got to Santiago, I bought a gold cross to put on the chain... but none of this jewelry did I ever remove. no changes, no storage... just what I wore. Keep it to a minimum.
Buen Camino,

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi all,
I had,for me, three Camino firsts during my fourth journey earlier this year.
In Burgos a female pilgrim spent approx 30 minutes, on a dark cold morning, putting on FULL face makeup and in Astorga a male Pilgrim sprayed himself with a deodorant.
On our final day my companions and I were amazed to overtake what looked like a party of High Altitude climbers. All wore knee high snow gaiters, voluminous cotton scarves wrapped around their heads and high altitude snow goggles, in addition to the more normal clothing. I appreciate that the climb to Monte de Gozo is steep but its hardly Nepal. To add to the air of mystery around them - one walked backwards - "to help a leg injury".
The Camino is never boring.
Dael

This reminds me of a story told about Don Elias Valeña Sampedro (the priest of O'Cebreiro parish who reanimated the modern camino frances - and painted the first yellow arrows - in the 1970's).

"One day, at the end of the afternoon, he found himself on a mountainside in the Pyrenees, walking a long section of the camino with the aim of finalising the cartographic details of his new guide. The descent by way of a rugged hillside was inevitable. His muscles were feeling the effects of the steep slopes and this unaccustomed inconvenience he put down to general tiredness. He took a moment's rest but his temperament didn't allow such 'excesses" and for the few hundred metres that remained, he turned a round and walked backwards!"

from the 1991 CSJ Conference in London

As St Jerome said to St Paula: "let pallor and squalor be your jewels" !!!!!!!!! :wink:

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back