A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Job anouncement

A

Anonymous

Serious job opportunity for someone to work FT from May - November in Barbadelo at a private albergue/pension, 8 hours daily, Room/board, SS, 1 day off weekly, 800 euros mo. Contact: Xose at ph: 606156705. AGACS

BUSCO PERSONA PARA TRABAJAR DESDE MAIO A NOVIEMBRE EN BARBADELO ALBREGUE PENSION 8 HORAS DIARIS 800 EUR AL MES COMIDA Y ALOJAMIENTO SEGURIDAD SOCIAL JORNADA COMPLETA I DIA DE DESCANSO PONERSE EN CONTACTO CON PEDRO XOSE TELF,606156705 GRACIAS

Advertisment

Language let down

Oh dear, would of suited me just fine for a while but alas my Spanish languge skills are only of a `café` standard :(

Minkey

Geoff, are you based in London? If it so, and you want to learn Spanish, have a look at the Instituto Cervantes.

wandering

Oh if only I was based somewhere!!

I do appreciate that, thanks very much but I am searching for a place to settle and set down roots so I guess I either need to find a Spanish talking wanderer or buy myself an audio pack of some description

Cheers again

Advertisment

A

Anonymous

Geoff 3, may be a nice "base" for May-November. Ah, but for the lang... But know what, if I was really interested, I'd give it a shot. But 200e a mo...Best, xm

Oh Dear

Hmmm!!
Well I jus rang Pedro and his English language skills joined with my lack of Spanish made for a very brief and unsuccessfull over the phone job application :oops: :lol:

A

Anonymous

U tried, peregino. That may be one of the things of which so much is about :!: Best, xm :!:

Oh Oh Oh!!!

I would love it! But it's a bit soon and I can't really go off all of a sudden. If it was next year, I'd do it! Provided there was internet at the albergue and I could continue my profession (Translator) at least in part then it would be fantastic! I was actually thinking about an option of that kind, maybe later on in life... I wouldn't mind running an albergue in lieu of retirement (I'm not 30 yet, so that's a long ways away).
My spanish isn't all that great, I've been learning for one year (for the purpose of the camino) but i think a month would be enough to get really fluent. Oh! What a wonderful opportunity!

A

Anonymous

I wonder how pilgrims from diff countries would compare their style of living/economics, between ur countries, and Spain, for ex, in housing, food, etc. Do u find Spain more expensive, cheaper, average, in contrast to ur countries? Best, xm 8)

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%