• For 2024 Pilgrims: ā‚¬50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

John Brierley

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

ā‚¬149,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks for this and you know as John B said "The C19 virus is a wake up call" My thoughts exactly. I laughed when I heard him talk about people saying "When this is all over and getting back to normal" I hear this from people every day and think hmmm oh dear lol.
I didn't recognise you either Ivar šŸ˜…

What a wonderful blessing it was to finally see and hear the Famous author John Brierley!!
Thank you so much for making this happen Ivar and you did a wonderful job moderating the video discussion!!

Who is next on your "Camino Conversations?"

Ed

PS I know where the front cover picture was taken and I had a Pilgrim friend from Ireland take a picture of me in the middle of the long way.....

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
So enjoyed this interview. Quite a treat to see and hear the famous man of the camino! Thank you Ivar, a wonderful thing to do in these difficult times.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

ā‚¬46,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thankyou Ivar, a treat to see the person behind our valued guide ( one kept at home for reference, one with the pages ripped out daily). It was like walking with a respected elder mentoring us and we learned a lot from Johnā€™s approach to the camino even before we left. He doesnā€™t disappoint to see him ā€˜in personā€™ on you tube , a very thoughtful and reflective offering. I like the mystery of where the photo was taken, and his thoughts on the internal preparation for walking.

I loved this and really enjoyed hearing about the evolution of the what is probably the most popular Camino resource of which most, if not all pilgrims are familiar. Outstanding job, Ivar!!

Is this going to be a new series? Weekly? Monthly? There are so many pilgrims that you could interview.

Keep up the great work and stay safe!!

Jeff

I loved this and really enjoyed hearing about the evolution of the what is probably the most popular Camino resource of which most, if not all pilgrims are familiar. Outstanding job, Ivar!!

Is this going to be a new series? Weekly? Monthly? There are so many pilgrims that you could interview.

Keep up the great work and stay safe!!

Jeff
I want to make it a series.. new ones when they are ready... no stress. I will aim for once a 7-14 days... at least now in these virus times when I am home anyway..

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
What a lovely way to start my day...watching you, Ivar, connecting with John Brierley! So much of the excitement with any upcoming trip or camino is the anticipation. Thank you John Brierley for your guidance, options for lodging, historical info and sites worthy of consideration. Your books have helped so many to embark on a journey of self discovery, and for others...a journey to leave ā€œselfā€ on the shelf to begin a journey of focusing on others. May there be many more Caminos for you both to explore and the optimum health to do so!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you for the video. Really great to see the faces behind the great stories of the Camino. And thank you also for allowing the extended articles about caminos and pilgrimages around the world.
Superb interview Ivar..made my day. You both look well.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

ā‚¬149,-
What a wonderful blessing it was to finally see and hear the Famous author John Brierley!!
Thank you so much for making this happen Ivar and you did a wonderful job moderating the video discussion!!

Who is next on your "Camino Conversations?"

Ed

PS I know where the front cover picture was taken and I had a Pilgrim friend from Ireland take a picture of me in the middle of the long way.....
Well come on man! Tell us where. At 70 my memory is starting to fade! Mike

Ivar, Great interview. Really enjoyed it. Super idea- please do more. BTW, I agree with those that thought you should update your forum picture. I might not recognize you when I get back to Santiago.
And while I appreciate your concern for letting pilgrims not share their own pictures if they choose not to, and have icons, pets, etc., instead of a nice picture, I always appreciated being able to see who my fellow pilgrims are and wish more members would post their picture. Just a thought.

ā‚¬149,-
Ivar, this was a lovely 20 minutes! How great to watch something online and come away with a smile on one's face. Thank you for carrying through on this idea and allowing us some insights into not just one person, but two people, who have influenced us in positive ways.

ā‚¬2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Just seeing this now. What a wonderful interview! Ivar, you were great, and it was so good to see the famous J Brierley in the flesh!
Some of your discussion reminded me of my getting ready for my first CF. Life was (is) good, no losses to get on track with, no problems that needed time to work out. Just needing some adventure. Excited but a bit anxious - had I bitten off more than I could chew?
Now, anticipating my next Camino makes me feel excitement and happy anticipation. Walking the Camino brings me joy and inner peace, confirms my confidence in humanity, and makes me feel capable. There is a happiness and contentment that I get on the C that I get no other place and, like an addict, I want to get that hit again and again.
Also, I love the idea of a way to avoid the crowds in Sarria (I suspect my next CF will not be solo but with a new pilgrim with whom I'll want to start out traditionally).
Looking forward to your next talk.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

ā‚¬60,-
What a treat - this video! So well done, Ivar! By coincidence, I had ordered the 2020 version of Brierley's guide to the FrancƩs! It's my 4th one and due any day! I can't wait!! It may become a collectors item ~~~ ;)
Thank you, Ivar, for ALL you do!

Enjoyed that interview so much.....thank you Ivar........cant wait to meet you on my next Camino - please God it wont be too long!

Enjoyed the interview very much. Brierley is a giant of modern Camino culture. And I feel a bit sorry for him, btw, because every guidebook he's ever written will be painfully obsolete by the end of the current public health emergency. Half+ of the places he listed in past guidebooks will be gone with the wind -- low-end albergues in particular.

And thank you, Ivar, for putting to him my question about the CF Guidebook cover photo location. He waffled. "Got to keep it mysterious", he said. You know what I think? I think that he probably doesn't know where that cover photo was taken! Which means that it's still up to us, eh?

Enjoyed the interview very much. Brierley is a giant of modern Camino culture. And I feel a bit sorry for him, btw, because every guidebook he's ever written will be painfully obsolete by the end of the current public health emergency. Half+ of the places he listed in past guidebooks will be gone with the wind -- low-end albergues in particular.

And thank you, Ivar, for putting to him my question about the CF Guidebook cover photo location. He waffled. "Got to keep it mysterious", he said. You know what I think? I think that he probably doesn't know where that cover photo was taken! Which means that it's still up to us, eh?

Thanks bringing us for such an informative, cheerful interview, Ivar. I especially liked his recommendations at the end about spending enough prep time, both spiritually and physically, to at least come up with some questions on why we feel called, what has happened on our lives that led us to the Camino. I enjoyed the whole interview very much and I hope you're able to do more with other Camino "notables," as well as those behind the scenes who help make it all possible for the rest of us.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am not in favor of a global one world effort. Power in the hands of a very few and that is always dangerous to have those elites making decisions for the rest of us. No thanks.

Its the great mystery of the modern day camino,on every one of my caminos I have looked and looked but still havenā€™t found the almost sacred place.

Its the great mystery of the modern day camino,on every one of my caminos I have looked and looked but still havenā€™t found the almost sacred place.
It has been discovered. A recent post has a duplicate picture. A link to the thread with the picture was posted above but with no text to explicitly explain why the link should be followed.

So to see the picture taken where Brierley's picture was taken go to the thread at:

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you Ivar, a brilliant chat with J B and it brings back lots of memories of reading J Bā€™s guide books, which I love, especially as someone who hasnā€™t got a clue about map reading. I too once asked J B about doing other guide books, because even If I didnā€™t do all the Caminoā€™s and there are as many as the lines on the Camino Shell, they would be enjoyable as a stand alone read. However itā€™s as the great man says, the difficulty of updating the guides year after year as well as pleasing his publisher. It was lovely to see your face Ivar and many thanks.

ā‚¬149,-

ā“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back