• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

John Brierly

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
There should be plenty around .
The Spanish never use them and we have found they are inadequate for good accommodation.

I have one I put from Ivar, along with a free credential. Looks just like prior issues. Clearly marked 2019.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
There should be plenty around .
The Spanish never use them and we have found they are inadequate for good accommodation.
Hello there,

what reference do you use for your camino/

Penelope

Hello there,

what reference do you use for your camino/

Penelope
Miam Miam Do Do ,
We found out 10 yrs ago when we were staying in the normal , everybody run of the mill places that Brierly cultivated whilst the French who had commenced in Paris with a donkey were staying in beautiful farm accommodation for nearly the same price 200 m from the path with lovely home cooked meals .
On the Norte , go German
Have a great Camino

Last edited:
Miam Miam Do Do ,
We found out 10 yrs ago when we were staying in the normal , everybody run of the mill places that Brierly cultivated that the French who had commenced in Paris with a donkey were staying in beautiful farm accommodation for nearly the same price 200 m from the path with lovely home cooked meals .
On the Norte , go German
Have a great Camino
Thank you Thornley, I’ll have a look at that 😀👣

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am reading it at the moment and finding it very helpful. I am going in May and do not plan on following his entire plan but it is a great guide.

I ordered and received a 2019 version in December.

Can you tell me if Miam Miam Do Do have written a guide for the Portugués Camino?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Can you tell me if Miam Miam Do Do have written a guide for the Portugués Camino?
No
But His Portuguese is a handy one as it contains Ingles as well as Finistere and Muxia .
There is a special map to use under the Portuguese section which we printed .

No
But His Portuguese is a handy one as it contains Ingles as well as Finistere and Muxia .
There is a special map to use under the Portuguese section which we printed .
Whose Portuguese one?

Whose Portuguese one?

Pip, you are a bit lazy old son;)
But retirement and HRH allows this daily 15 minutes on the Forum .

1 Portuguese Camino on Forum , you will find it.
2 Best Guide Book for CP, its listed under topics , you will find it,
3 There is a new book being spoken about by Kat , she knows her thing as well as a very helpful lass Elle, who has her own site and book/diary
4 Then one of the last replies will have ;
*www.caminador.es
This is what we printed out in pages and disposed with each day.
We used this as we were doing the coastal and then the ferry etc @ Caminha.
JB likes the old way , thats why the Dumbria turn off to Muxia is an add on in his Finisterre Book:eek:

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Pip, you are a bit lazy old son;)
But retirement and HRH allows this daily 15 minutes on the Forum .

1 Portuguese Camino on Forum , you will find it.
2 Best Guide Book for CP, its listed under topics , you will find it,
3 There is a new book being spoken about by Kat , she knows her thing as well as a very helpful lass Elle, who has her own site and book/diary
4 Then one of the last replies will have ;
*www.caminador.es
This is what we printed out in pages and disposed with each day.
We used this as we were doing the coastal and then the ferry etc @ Caminha.
JB likes the old way , thats why the Dumbria turn off to Muxia is an add on in his Finisterre Book:eek:

Sorry Thornley, I think we must have misunderstood one another.

I have JBs’ new guide for the Portuguese Camino, I also have the www.caminador.es information, but thank you for this recommendation. In a previous post you Recommended the Miam Miam Do Do guides who recommend alternative accommodation to JB. I like to have all the information I can get so as to compare all the different choices so I was searching for a Miam Miam dodo guide for the Portuguese Camino. Having reread your post I realise that you were talking about the french camino.

Thank you for all your Help
Penelope

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Miam Miam Do Do ,
We found out 10 yrs ago when we were staying in the normal , everybody run of the mill places that Brierly cultivated whilst the French who had commenced in Paris with a donkey were staying in beautiful farm accommodation for nearly the same price 200 m from the path with lovely home cooked meals .
On the Norte , go German
Have a great Camino

Hola - The only versions/editions I have seen of the Miam Miam Do Do was in French. Do they do an English language edition?? I must agree that from what I was told it did offer a range of alternative accommodations, especially if one is a bit sick of the alberque life. Cheers

- The only versions/editions I have seen of the Miam Miam Do Do was in French. Do they do an English language edition?

No Mike , only French but soooo simple mate
They devote the pages to accommodation in each village with a simple line as the path.
Old copies everywhere , Kanga should have one from Gr65.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.