• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino @JohnLloyd on the Inglés

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Some words about the first day on the Inglés.

Great read John, wondering if all the alburge de peregenos are closed? I'll heading to A Coruña today. Buen camino, Keith.

Hey there. I just arrived in Spain to walk the Frances from Burgo. I flew into Bilbao. What struck me…how much snow on the mountains. What does it look like your way?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hey there. I just arrived in Spain to walk the Frances from Burgo. I flew into Bilbao. What struck me…how much snow on the mountains. What does it look like your way?

Hey,

Would love to read day to day posts.

How about starting your Live on Camino thread.

Buen camino.

We walked the Ingles 3 weeks ago and just met 5 other pilgrims
The hotel Kensington was a wonderful first stop…the bathroom even had a BATH which was most welcome as we’d travelled from London that morning, got the bus from Santiago at 11, and then started walking after 1pm

The hardest bit of the whole Camino was finding our way out of Ferrol!
we kept going the wrong way but so many lovely people kept us on track without us even asking!
Of course we put that down to exhaustion on our part!!
Never had a problem with route finding after the first day

In Pontedeume, we stayed at the beautiful new pension A Fallua, right on the Camino and which included, much to our surprise a cooked english breakfast!
Heres hoping you have better weather than we had as it rained most of our six days walking
Buen Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We walked the Ingles 3 weeks ago and just met 5 other pilgrims
The hotel Kensington was a wonderful first stop…the bathroom even had a BATH which was most welcome as we’d travelled from London that morning, got the bus from Santiago at 11, and then started walking after 1pm

The hardest bit of the whole Camino was finding our way out of Ferrol!
we kept going the wrong way but so many lovely people kept us on track without us even asking!
Of course we put that down to exhaustion on our part!!
Never had a problem with route finding after the first day

In Pontedeume, we stayed at the beautiful new pension A Fallua, right on the Camino and which included, much to our surprise a cooked english breakfast!
Heres hoping you have better weather than we had as it rained most of our six days walking
Buen Camino
I rather enjoyed the bath in my room at the Kensington too, a rare find in my experience.

The recommended albergue in Pontedeume was closed, so I picked Hospedaje Norte, based on its proximity to the Beers Cafe, where I’ll be spending the evening!

Sunshine for three days, with just one little hailstorm on the hill down to Pontedeume.

My turn will come, I’m sure!

You write well, I hope you link more blog posts. Sorry you missed out on the Neda Albergue it's a nice place. I have great memories of my Inglés in 2019. Enjoy.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Thank you for your description of your first day. Sorry the albergue in Neda was closed but The Kensington sounds like a nice deal! I do hope you will continue to share your Camino!

John, I must say your journey pretty much parallels mine which started on Feb. 25th. I got started around 2:15PM walking out of town. It took me an hour to fine the starting point. I walked to Nedra only to find the albergue closed then walked back to the same Hotel Kensington for the night. Good thing there was a nice place to eat right down the street in Xubia. All worked out well and next day onto Pontedumme. I only saw three other pilgrims on the way to Santiago. Pretty lonely but I didn’t mind met one woman from Brazil in Hospitale de Bruma. Later we met again in Santiago and had dinner with a group of other Pilgrims. Good luck out there and Buen Camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Here’s some words about the second stage, from Neda to Pontedeume.

Another great report! In which Pension did you stay at in Pontedeume? Or did I miss that part?

I enjoy your writing and your photography. Please continue to the finish! Traveling along with you.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Very much enjoying your blog posts and photos. Looking forward to the next report 👍

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Some words to go with the pictures from the third day on the Camino Inglés.

Some words to go with the pictures from the third day on the Camino Inglés.

Welcome to stick-world.

I didn’t see the point until I started spending time in the alps in my 30’s. My guides were all about the same age as I and every one of them used a pair of poles. They said that they didn’t need them at the time; but reckoned they would extend their personal working life by a good five years. I bought a pair next day and have used them ever since.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Ah, sorry to have missed this earlier. There’s been no snow, but the mornings have been deliciously crisp, with patches of frost-capped lawns and commuter cars with scraped windscreens.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Some words about the fifth day on the Camino Inglés. It’s nearly over!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Some words about the fifth day on the Camino Inglés. It’s nearly over!

Glad to see there are pilgrims who will pause to remove a snail from the walking path. Whilst on the Camino, my teenage daughters were extremely diligent in rescuing those plump Galician slugs from certain death under a pilgrim’s boot. And congrats on another successful Camino!

I cannot but agree, you invited us to look at your blog, so smoothly designed. Also your content, smoothly fabricated, to use a false friend (almost), from the Spanish - confeccionar, or fabricar, is to make with art and skill, insofar as I understand it from my loose approach to language! Thank you, and safe trip home.

Loved it! But where is the last day - into Santiago? Or am I missing something 🤔 :(

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I’ve been having too nice a time with my friends to write about it so far🍷

I’ll post a few more updates between now and Sunday evening when I return to the U.K.
No hurry!
Just didn't want to miss the finale :D.
It's been so good so far!

I’ve been having too nice a time with my friends to write about it so far🍷

I’ll post a few more updates between now and Sunday evening when I return to the U.K.
Looking forward to hearing about your stay in Santiago but will miss your engaging posts. Hope it warms up by mid May when I begin😀

Splendid account John, thank you. I saved it all up to binge read so still awaiting the entrance into Santiago.

THIS is a delightful piece of music to arrive anywhere to and especially into Santiago because it drowns out that dreadful bagpipe player as you descend the steps into Obradoiro.

Couldn't have managed the walk (climb?) out of Pontedueme without a stick!

Not sure I'll ever have the energy/stamina to do another Camino but if I do it'll be this or the Portugues.

Thank you for sharing.

PS - great photos, what camera/phone did you use?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Splendid account John, thank you. I saved it all up to binge read so still awaiting the entrance into Santiago.

THIS is a delightful piece of music to arrive anywhere to and especially into Santiago because it drowns out that dreadful bagpipe player as you descend the steps into Obradoiro.

Not sure I'll ever have the energy/stamina to do another Camino but if I do it'll be this or the Portugues.

Thank you for sharing.

Just a standard iPhone SE, I think it is.

A little late, but you’ll understand why, some words about arriving in Santiago again.

Thank you for sharing.

I’m with you on the bagpipes.

A little late, but you’ll understand why, some words about arriving in Santiago again.

[Link working now, hopefully]

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Looking forward to hearing about your camino!!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The last lot of words about an Englishman on the Inglés.

Thank you so much for sharing! I have enjoyed reading your blog and looking forward to my own camino :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Muchas gracias to all in this group who offered kind words and encouragement as I walked the English Way earlier this month.

Your support lightened my steps, and it was heartening to see that you enjoyed the words and pictures from the Inglés.

Of course, the Camino is the real author.

By way of thanks, I’ve made the book about my first Camino a free download on Amazon for the next few days.

If you liked what I wrote about six days on the English Way, then you might enjoy reading what happened during six weeks on the Francés too.

If I’ve pressed the right buttons, it’ll cost you nothing but time to read it.

By way of thanks, I’ve made the book about my first Camino a free download on Amazon for the next few days.

If you liked what I wrote about six days on the English Way, then you might enjoy reading what happened during six weeks on the Francés too.

If I’ve pressed the right buttons, it’ll cost you nothing but time to read it.

I would love to download it, but I get this message:

Jill Salt, the Kindle Store on Amazon.co.uk is for UK customers only. To shop for titles available for your country/region, please visit Amazon.com.

Thanks for the offer, anyway! I loved reading your blog on the Ingles.

I would love to download it, but I get this message:

Jill Salt, the Kindle Store on Amazon.co.uk is for UK customers only. To shop for titles available for your country/region, please visit Amazon.com.

Thanks for the offer, anyway! I loved reading your blog on the Ingles.
Try this!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Wonderful report, I loved reading it… thanks!

The last lot of words about an Englishman on the Inglés.

Stunning… thank you for sharing all of this. ❤️

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have to agree about the socks too… 🤣🤣🤣 wonderful to read your excellent blog and thanks for the recommendation of the Italian restaurant… definitely on my list for next visit to Santiago.
I found an even better one on that last night.

E6E90E62-7D34-4ABF-9D17-3B5967F512A9.jpeg

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there. I’m thinking of spending around five to seven days walking the Ingles, and would be interested in getting some input. I’ve walked the Portuges from Porto to Santiago, before continuing...
So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Howdy folks I am looking forward to doing the St. James Way in England and considering continuing on with the es Camino INGLES. Can anyone share suggestion or have experience with transportation...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.