• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

johnnie walker milestones

andy.d

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Levante 2009
Camino Ingles (Coruna) 2011
Camino Ingles (Coruna) 2014
Pilgrims Way Winchester - Canterbury
Camino Ingles (Ferrol) 2015
Cistercian Way (Wales) 2016
Reading the reports of yesterday's cricket, I see that whenever England broke another batting record, a "Johnnie Walker Milestone" was announced.

As the km markers on the Caminos seem to be ever more battered, and as it is easier for many of us to measure in miles than km's, I would like to know when Johnnie is going to put his milestones on the Camino. We need to know.

Andy

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Oh, that´s an easy one.
The camino´s "Johnnie Walker Milestones" are kept on the top shelf of every bar along the trail. Chupitos can vary in price from 1Euro to 4.
Pilgrim anesthesia at its best. :p
Bottoms up!

Yes, ... but we need Johnnie to ensure there is one every mile (I can't find a drunk emoticon)

Andy

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Could it be that the whisky is needed to numb the part of the brain which processes cricket? Helps you watch paint dry! :wink:

The Man Who Planted Trees

How much does this have to do with the Camino Pilgrimage? I don't really know...you will have to decide by watching all 4 episodes. I only know that when I saw this, maybe 15 years ago, it affected me like no video short had ever before or since. It recently became available on You Tube and having found it, I wanted to share:
Here it is: probably the most gentle ecological message ever. I hope it affects you in the way it has always affected me.
Tracy Saunders
http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.com
http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.blogspot.com

See and follow:
http://www.youtube.com/user/GeneralSticky1990

John, Sorry...Can't figure out how this ended up on your post. But never mind. You of many people are the most likely to appreciate its message and perhaps can use elsewhere.
Tracy

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Tracy - don't apologise you're the only sane voice on this thread. But I'm going to take up Andy's challenge and hide bottles of Johnnie Walker at random waymarks along the pilgrimage routes. Everyone should look for them. Those who find them can toast Santiago and thank him for the miracle that a Scotsman is capable of such generosity :D

It's the Cluny route or the Voie du Piemont Pyreneen where I need you to leave the samples. And if I find any, I will doubt no longer but believe.... :shock:
Margaret

Reading all this...

In Galicia (and I think even in the province of Leon) on nearly every bar there are some bottles with a dispencer, to "awaken" your coffee.
Oruju.
Severe stuff.

Ultreya,
Carli Di Bortolo.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
KiwiNomad06 said:
It's the Cluny route or the Voie du Piemont Pyreneen where I need you to leave the samples. And if I find any, I will doubt no longer but believe.... :shock:
Margaret

Does this mean you view Johnnie Walker as a mythical/symbolic/legendary figure? Perhaps a sort of Green Man of the Camino Ingles?

There would definitely be a learned article in this.

Andy

I LOVE it! A Johnny Walker/Whiskey almost Galore/Friggin' Camino Scavenger Hunt! Te he he!
But don't go calling me "Sane" now... I thought we were friends? Geez, I'm only just getting my heart rate back to normal.
Oh, the damage to my REPUTATION!
T

Re: The Man Who Planted Trees

Priscillian said:
How much does this have to do with the Camino Pilgrimage? I don't really know...you will have to decide by watching all 4 episodes.
Here it is: probably the most gentle ecological message ever. I hope it affects you in the way it has always affected me.
Tracy Saunders See and follow:
http://www.youtube.com/user/GeneralSticky1990
Thank you Tracy! I became enchanted with this story. Does it have anything to do with the Pilgrimage? Yes, I think so - the perceverance of this one man to achieve something that he really believed in. I think that this is somehow the spirit that many of us find when setting out on our Pilgrimage. Anne

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back