Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Jones'ing For Mystery Chocolate Bar (Purchased in SDC)

RumAndChupacabras

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Jul-Sept 2019: Six weeks in Northern Spain.
Apr 2018 Asturias
May 2016 CP: Portuguese
After we left SDC in 2016, I was given a bar of chocolate. It had a white paper wrapper with a bluish violet ink. When I bit into it, there was a kind of sugar-grainy feel 🤤 and it was decadently devine! All I know is that it was purchased in one of the shops. Been trying to find it online, ever since. The photo I posted may just well be the exact brand but...do any of you know of any other chocolate bar sold in a shop or shops that fit my memory's selective description?
If not, feel free to share your chocolate! :p Story, that is!

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

K Turner

Past OR future Camino
August-October 2019 CF
After we left SDC in 2016, I was given a bar of chocolate. It had a white paper wrapper with a bluish violet ink. When I bit into it, there was a kind of sugar-grainy feel 🤤 and it was decadently devine! All I know is that it was purchased in one of the shops. Been trying to find it online, ever since. The photo I posted may just well be the exact brand but...do any of you know of any other chocolate bar sold in a shop or shops that fit my memory's selective description?
View attachment 61056
You can buy them through the link. 🙂

Last edited:
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

ozuraj

Past OR future Camino
2012 Camino Frances
2017 Camino Frances
View attachment 61056

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)
View attachment 61056
Always happy to learn unfamiliar terms.

What does ‘Jones’ing’ mean? Do you know how it was derived?

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

RumAndChupacabras

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Apr 2018 Asturias
That's the one I've been given - you're supposed to melt it into hot milk and "drink" it. Trouble is I can't find a recipe for how much milk against how much chocolate!
They told me the same label with red print was for cooking and the blue for eating. Heck Jeff, just keep adding "to taste"! 😋

RumAndChupacabras

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Apr 2018 Asturias
Always happy to learn unfamiliar terms.

What does ‘Jones’ing’ mean? Do you know how it was derived?
I know of it from a movie line. Usually used as similar to craving. Others might have different ideas. 😉

Icacos

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2013)
Hmmm ... I thought it had something to do with, ‘Keeping up with the Joneses.’ But I couldn’t really connect it with what the OP was saying.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads