• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Jose Antonio Cimadevila

Pelegrin

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Today, I did a moutain route on Sierra de Madrid, Starting in Dehesas de Cercedilla to Puerto de la Fuenfria following the yelow marks and then, out of the Camino, to Cerro Minguete.
In Puerto de la Fuenfria I saw for the first time a plaque in honor of José Antonio Cimadevila Covelo who was the 'creator' of the current Camino de Madrid ( I hadn´t heard of him before). According to the article after an interview with Don Elias Valiña in 1987, he founded the Asociación de Amigos del Camino de Santiago de Madrid that was decisive in the creation of the Camino de Madrid.
He was born in Santiago de Compostela but was working in Madrid as a public servant.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
As an anecdote, on my route of yesterday, at Puerto de la Fuenfria there was a man from the USA with a backpack who was not doing the Camino. In fact he didn't know anything about it. He was a mountaineer who was doing a route on the Sierra. What made me realize that the Camino is not yet so well known as we think it is.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Today, I did a moutain route on Sierra de Madrid, Starting in Dehesas de Cercedilla to Puerto de la Fuenfria following the yelow marks and then, out of the Camino, to Cerro Minguete.
In Puerto de la Fuenfria I saw for the first time a plaque in honor of José Antonio Cimadevila Covelo who was the 'creator' of the current Camino de Madrid ( I hadn´t heard of him before). According to the article after an interview with Don Elias Valiña in 1987, he founded the Asociación de Amigos del Camino de Santiago de Madrid that was decisive in the creation of the Camino de Madrid.
He was born in Santiago de Compostela but was working in Madrid as a public servant.

Thanks for this, @Pelegrin. It makes me realize how much we owe to a few individuals like Don Elias, Cuñarro/Ender (Salvador/Olvidado), Aida Menéndez (Invierno) and now Sr. Cimadevila for taking the big steps to get caminos happening. And then the thousands of individuals whose names we’ll never know, but without whose enthusiastic work we would never have the Caminos we now all know and love so well!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I am in the planning phase of the Camino de Madrid. Hoping to start walking in late May. The Confraternity of James' guidebook in out of print and no longer available, so I have been basing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back