• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Journey completed and now back home

M

Meldelcamino

...with many fond abiding memories - and some others of windswept rainy days which will also linger in the memory! Enjoyable conversations with many fellow Peregrinos and the satisfaction of achieving a goal.

Attachments

• B4  Prayers for those in peril....JPG
    B4 Prayers for those in peril....JPG
    158 KB · Views: 29
  • B16 Route over the River Neiva.JPG
    B16 Route over the River Neiva.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 24
  • B25 Wet departure from A Guarda.JPG
    B25 Wet departure from A Guarda.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 27
  • B40 Baiona from Nigran.JPG
    B40 Baiona from Nigran.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 23
  • D6 Resting with Santiago.JPG
    D6 Resting with Santiago.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 27
  • D18 Rural scene en route to Padron.JPG
    D18 Rural scene en route to Padron.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 24
  • E15 Selfie 1.JPG
    E15 Selfie 1.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 22
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Congratulations !! :) We will attempt it next year, but find Brierley's book disappointing. We used it for the Camino Francais and found it very informative, and so we purchased his book and were very disappointed. Any suggestions for materials, maps ?? We would like to do the coastal route.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Congratulations !! :) We will attempt it next year, but find Brierley's book disappointing. We used it for the Camino Francais and found it very informative, and so we purchased his book and were very disappointed. Any suggestions for materials, maps ?? We would like to do the coastal route.
There is hardly any guide for the coastal. But is is not difficult to find. The ocean is allways at your left. In Vigo you have different ways to go through and iut.
We followed green way markers which stay low near the seaside the yellow ones go more into the hills .
Keep an eye on my travelblog. Specially about the ferry between Caminho and A Guarda.

http://caminho-portuges-da-costa.reismee.nl/reisverhaal/291122/a-guarda-/

Text in English and Dutch. Recent info. Just ended last Saturday in Santiago

Last edited:
Hi there,
My friend Jo and I fly out to Porto next Tuesday and shall be walking the Coastal Route.
Feel free to ask any questions once we get back

regards

Jeff (from the UK)

Well done! ... Lovely pictures...thanks for sharing them...I hope it was everything you had hoped for!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There is hardly any guide for the coastal. But is is not difficult to find. The ocean is allways at your left. In Vigo you have different ways to go through and iut.
We followed green way markers which stay low near the seaside the yellow ones go more into the hills .
Keep an eye on my travelblog. Specially about the ferry between Caminho and A Guarda.

http://caminho-portuges-da-costa.reismee.nl/reisverhaal/291122/a-guarda-/

Text in Engkish and Dutch. Recent info. Just ended last Saturday in Santiago

Well done!

And thanks for the reminder about the ferry!

best wishes

Jeff

Thanks once again to the many contributors on this Forum whose experiences and advice I found helpful, indeed, invaluable. For those contemplating the Coastal route: see my comments under the separate thread 'disappointed with Brierly maps...'. Gracias a todos y Buen Caminos.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back