• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Jousting Festival in Hospital de Orbigo - June 1st and 2 nd. A must see in the Camino Frances.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
It is absolutely brilliant, but difficult to get a good view
Is easy! Just get tradicional middle age clothes or similar and you can sit in the steps with the people of the town, if you are a photographer, I can find you a Pass.

Hola Arturo, que tal? It looks stunning. See you next year. Have finally decided that yes, I will find a way to live in Spain next year. Buen camino, karen
Great news! Please send us an e-mail, keep us posted! Hugs!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Was there last year and the Medieval festival in town and parade are a wonderful experience.
Thanks @biarritzdon , today it is considered one of the most important middle age festival of Europe

Thanks @biarritzdon , today it is considered one of the most important middle age festival of Europe

I happened on it one year and was lucky enough to get the last bed in the albergue. LOTS of people from all over came to town. In the parade there was a camel and an elephant, and there was a whole marching bagpipes band. The hospitalero gave guide tours of the albergue so people could see the Pilgrims. They took pictures of me hanging my laundry. The last musical concert on the schedule started at 1am.

I happened on it one year and was lucky enough to get the last bed in the albergue. LOTS of people from all over came to town. In the parade there was a camel and an elephant, and there was a whole marching bagpipes band. The hospitalero gave guide tours of the albergue so people could see the Pilgrims. They took pictures of me hanging my laundry. The last musical concert on the schedule started at 1am.
Sorry about that.
All the albergues in Hospital de Orbigo are well known along the french way, all of them has an unique and strong personality. The weekend of the festival, about 30.000 souls come to the town, and some of them wants to see this Gems of the Camino, am sure was not their intention to disturb anybody or act like paparazzis since they are not aloud to go into the rooms area or bath rooms. The "guided tour" is just in the common areas, and it is guided, because we want to preserve the order and security. they are aloud to stay just a few minutes.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back