• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

July 28th til 5th August Sarria to Santiago

sheila gallagher

Time of past OR future Camino
July/Aug 2015
Anyone out there thinking of walking during this time. Travelling on my own and would like to meet people along the day. This is my first time and could do with all the advise I can get. Travelling from Ireland

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
could do with all the advise I can get.
There is plenty in the Forum!! Start with the FAQ's, then browse other topics of interest. You will meet hundreds of pilgrims each day, so there is no real need to find someone in advance. Just listen for an Irish accent in Sarria; there are plenty.

Buen camino.

Last edited by a moderator:
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
There is plenty in the Forum!! Start with the FAQ's, then browse other topics of interest. You will meet hundreds of pilgrims each day, so there is not real need to find someone in advance. Just listen for an Irish accent in Sarria; there are plenty.

Buen camino.
Thank you

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Sheila!
Welcome to the forum. July and August is a very popular time on the Camino, especially so from Sarria to Santiago. You will meet plenty of people from all corners of the globe, but also from Ireland.
I have walked different sections of the Camino and each time have met folks from Ireland. We still keep in touch.
I consider myself lucky that I live so close to Spain :)
Happy planning and Buen Camino!
David

Back