• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

july and august starting from Irun on Camino Norte

clara

just wondering if there are other walkers going at this time and if any tips on albergues and what to take

thanks very

clara

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello Clara, welcome to the Forum. JUly and August will be warm so take as little as possible. The sun and heat help drying times so we can take less at the height of summer and wash what we are carrying more often.

If you use the search facility at the top of the page and/or go to to the Camino del Norte section of the forum you will find a lost of posts.

Here are a couple to get you started:

el-camino-del-norte/topic6397.html

el-camino-del-norte/topic8805.html?hilit=Irun#p53125

3 pairs of sock
3 pairs of underwear
3 tee shirts
1 pair of longpants (that can be converted to short)
1 pair of shorts
1 pair of walking shoes
1 rain coat
blister pack of plasters and compeed
small torch
a hat
ziploc bags for passport and credential

Wear 1 set (socks underwear teeshirt) 1 set drying on your pack with safety pins 1 dry set in your pack
Bodyglide as a moisturiser for my feet.

Hope this helps

Peter

Peter

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...
I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back