Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

July and August

FourSeasons

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2013, 2016, 2019 ---- the next is a mystery.
Hello fellow pilgrims. I'm planning my July and August del Norte. I am expecting hot temps but how hot, average for that time of year? In Fahrenheit please. Also cost per day staying in Alburgues and food. Should I bring a tent due to Alburgues becoming completo? I am hoping for 7 weeks to go from Irun to Finisterre. I thank you in advance for any information you can provided and suggestions that will help me along the way. :)
Angela

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Anamiri

Veteran Member
2016, 2017, 2019 Camino Frances
Sorry I cant help you with fahrenheit - but late June early July last year was HOT! Extremely, there were fires in Portugal, and a heatwave in England. Walking late afternoon was only for the very hardy. Maybe the coastal is a little cooler than the Frances.

agu

Last year I did some Norte, Irun - Santander, in July. For me, it wasn't very hot. The highest temperature was maybe 27 Celsius, 80 Fahrenheit. But expect to get some rain. Albergues ware not a problem - mostly Donativo. Nearly every town had Pilgrims Menu. Albergues not in towns offered dinner.
From Santander I had to switch over to Frances due to my knee problem. The rain and chilly wether was problem for me.
So I don't know exactly, what will be after Santander. But I guess, a tent will be not needed.
For me, French way in July wasn't very hot too. Warmest was Ponferrada 38 Celsius, 100 Fahrenheit. But people are different.
Sorry, English is not my first language.

Most read last week in this forum

I'm starting the Camino Norte on 28th August from Irun but I'm wondering what's the best way to get to Hondarribia (where I plan to follow the coastal GR route). I can see there is a ferry from...

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon