• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

July with kids

AndaPronto

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPDP to Logrono w/ kids - July/Aug (2016)
Quick "Hello"!

I just joined the forum even though I have been reading for years. We are a family of 4 (9 and 10) and planning to do the first 2 weeks of the Camino Frances this July starting in SJPDP. I had grand plans to pull the kids out of school last year and do the entire route, but daily activities took over and it didn't happen. This year, it has been nagging at me, so I decided not to wait until "the perfect time" and just bite off a small piece in the time we are able to go this summer. Not the best time of year - July, not a long period of time - only 2 weeks walking, no idea how far each day - kids may be dragging or leaving me in the dust - but I figure that it will give us all a sense of what "The Camino" is and where we want to take it in the future. I may say "sorry guys, I need to leave you for a month next year to do this thing on my own", or it may be the family trip over the next many years to complete the entire journey together. I just can't wait any longer to find out. I really appreciate this site for the wealth of knowledge as I am planning this experience! I hope to see some of you on the Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi AndaPronto,
Our family spent a couple of weeks walking from Astorga to Santiago in 2012, just to see how we liked it. Have a look at my profile to see where it has led! (Our youngest was six when we started - will be turning ten on this year's camino)

Quick "Hello"!

I just joined the forum even though I have been reading for years. We are a family of 4 (9 and 10) and planning to do the first 2 weeks of the Camino Frances this July starting in SJPDP. I had grand plans to pull the kids out of school last year and do the entire route, but daily activities took over and it didn't happen. This year, it has been nagging at me, so I decided not to wait until "the perfect time" and just bite off a small piece in the time we are able to go this summer. Not the best time of year - July, not a long period of time - only 2 weeks walking, no idea how far each day - kids may be dragging or leaving me in the dust - but I figure that it will give us all a sense of what "The Camino" is and where we want to take it in the future. I may say "sorry guys, I need to leave you for a month next year to do this thing on my own", or it may be the family trip over the next many years to complete the entire journey together. I just can't wait any longer to find out. I really appreciate this site for the wealth of knowledge as I am planning this experience! I hope to see some of you on the Camino!
Hi Anda, a warm welcome to this wonderful Camino family.
I think you all will have a great time doing this.
Wish you all well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Sounds wonderful Anda, and so glad you decided to join the forum! I hope you all have a great experience. We love getting reports from families who do the walk together, it is really useful for other families, so please keep us informed on how it goes.

Hello Anda
Well I didn't walk with children but I met a family of four who started in Santander and then 4 weeks later they were in the same albergue in Santiago as I and when I asked the girls (age 10 and 12) how was it? They both loved it and can't wait to walk more.
I am hoping to take my two oldest granddaughters who will be 10 and 12 next summer for a month. When I watch them cycling, on gym apparatus or just running around, I don't think it will be anything for them.
buen camino

I will be starting out around the same time with my husband and 5 year old son. We are leaving either July 4th or 5th from SJPdP. Maybe we'll see you and your family along the way :) buen camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and it's been incredibly helpful in planning my Camino journeys (so far, I've done VĂ©zelay, Frances, and Portuguese, and tomorrow I...
Ten years ago to the day, I returned home from walking the Camino Frances. People asked me if I would do it again, and I said absolutely. I thought I'd be going back in "3 to 4 years." Obviously...
..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hi, we are starting from Sarria on April 28, 2024. Getting excited...
Wondering what public transit is available from Porto to Caminha.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.