• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Jumping to the Ebro- Rain Go AWAY!

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
After two days of discussion about the icy rain and snow in Canfrac Estacion, and seeing the chilly temperatures down the Aragones, and after thinking about how I’ve already walked the Aragones several times, we decided just to continue on the Ebro after our visit to Zaragosa, treading new track until we pick up our groups in Pamplona. It still is going to rain but at least it will be warmer rain. Ha ha ha

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Considering the Ebro this fall so will be interested in your reports.

Tonight we are in Zaragosa in an apartment very near the Cathedral of the Pilar. This is the place that Saint James was given the pillar that Christ was scourged at. He was given the pillar by Mary. We will spend two days touristing here and then begin our walk to Lorogno. The weather is beautiful today but I see rain in the forecast. The train ride from Manresa was interesting because literally on the left or green beautiful lush fields and on the right was scrub desert. The train, by the way, was going 300 km/h. Whoopee! It seems like it was just standing still

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Tonight we are in Zaragosa in an apartment very near the Cathedral of the Pilar. This is the place that Saint James was given the pillar that Christ was scourged at. He was given the pillar by Mary. We will spend two days touristing here and then begin our walk to Lorogno. The weather is beautiful today but I see rain in the forecast. The train ride from Manresa was interesting because literally on the left or green beautiful lush fields and on the right was scrub desert. The train, by the way, was going 300 km/h. Whoopee! It seems like it was just standing still

Walking out of Zarogoza is fairly easy. Enough flechas. Will you be stopping in Torres de Berrellen or in Alagon?

I just left Canfranc and was serving as hospitalera at the new Elías Valińa Albergue. I am sorry you won’t be staying there as it is lovely and the town became so lively with good weather for Semana Santa. When we first arrived it was snowy and then rainy, but for the last few days before Easter it was ideal! We traveled to Zaragoza for the Easter Vigil and it was hot and windy! Now I am in Ferrol for the walk along the Inglés and it is rainy and cold with rain forecast for the next seven days! I hope I can stay warm because I know I can’t stay dry 😊

Wishing you all the best for your Camino (Zaragoza is one of my favourite Spanish cities) but:
We will spend two days touristing here
Please - no more inappropriate verbs from nouns! There is no verb "to tourist." There is "to tour."

(I now expect to be admonished for pedantry!)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Annie, hoping you enjoy the Ebro. I walked the Ebro years ago, but looking at my notes, I see that you will only coincide with my walk for one day, because I turned off the Ebro in Gallur to get on the Castellano-Aragonés, one of my all time favorites. (No, I’m not trying to change your mind, I know you have places to go and things to do — but for future reference!).

But I do have a good recommendation for Gallur. The train station where the albergue is does food, but just a short walk away is the Hostal / Restaurante El Colono. This was recommended to me by @SabineP, who takes her food very seriously and is very judicious with restaurant recommendations. It was great, a very reasonable menú del día if you get there for lunchtime.

Annie, hoping you enjoy the Ebro. I walked the Ebro years ago, but looking at my notes, I see that you will only coincide with my walk for one day, because I turned off the Ebro in Gallur to get on the Castellano-Aragonés, one of my all time favorites. (No, I’m not trying to change your mind, I know you have places to go and things to do — but for future reference!).

But I do have a good recommendation for Gallur. The train station where the albergue is does food, but just a short walk away is the Hostal / Restaurante El Colono. This was recommended to me by @SabineP, who takes her food very seriously and is very judicious with restaurant recommendations. It was great, a very reasonable menú del día if you get there for lunchtime.
Oooookay! Now you have to tell me about the Castellano- Aragonese! lol. And yet another route!?

I just left Canfranc and was serving as hospitalera at the new Elías Valińa Albergue. I am sorry you won’t be staying there as it is lovely and the town became so lively with good weather for Semana Santa. When we first arrived it was snowy and then rainy, but for the last few days before Easter it was ideal! We traveled to Zaragoza for the Easter Vigil and it was hot and windy! Now I am in Ferrol for the walk along the Inglés and it is rainy and cold with rain forecast for the next seven days! I hope I can stay warm because I know I can’t stay dry 😊
Another year. 😁

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We spent a wonderful day today in Zaragosa. We got our first stamp from the priest at the Basilica. We saw the Basilica where the Pillar is located, we saw the Roman theater, and we saw the Roman thermal bath. The public toilets cracked me up but they sure were nice with those marble seats. What a place to do business! All of those places for free because we are over 65. We only had to show our drivers license.

The price of food seems to be stable and not much more than it was two years ago when we were forced off the Camino by Covid. We are managing to feed ourselves quite happily for around €10 per day.

Tomorrow we change lodgings and hope to see the archaeological museum. The following day we walk. So far the rain has been light and I hope it stays that way. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Attachments

• 6441A51E-11E7-4B3D-9008-E139FF72E817.jpeg
    6441A51E-11E7-4B3D-9008-E139FF72E817.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 8
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Two weeks behind! Started Camino del Ebro outside Riumar yesterday. May be we will have some problems finding places to sleep. "Groups only" and "cerrado". Too high costs for the heating, may be. Or just too early for the season.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.