• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

June 11-20 Via Serrana to Seville from La Linea de Conception.

KarelNZ

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Finisterre,Ingles (2019)
Via Serrana 2023
Hello. We are excited to be back "on the trail" this year and this time from La Linea. I appreciated jungleboy's notes immensely. It looks fantastic. Would love to hear anyone's experiences and tips for logistics. We used lots of albergues in the past and this looks like a more "booking.com" experience?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Buen camino! Hopefully it's not too hot in June but in any case it's a fabulous little camino.

Yes, it's more of a hotel/pensión type of camino. Here are my stages and accommodation (prices for one person):
  1. La Linea - San Martín del Tesorillo 27.8 km - Hostel Sabana €40
  2. San Martín - Jimena de la Frontera 18.32km Camping Bungalow €45
  3. Jimena - El Colmenar 18.42km - Las Buitreras €43
  4. El Colmenar - Estación Jimera de Líber 22.83km - Hotel Rural Inz-Almaraz €38
  5. Estación Jimera de Líber - Ronda 16.43km - Hotel Morales €30
  6. Ronda - Olvera 27.68km - Olvera B&B hostel €35
  7. Olvera - Coripe 24.63km - Pension Coripe €30
  8. Tue 6-Dec: Coripe - El Coronil 29.52km - Hotel Don Juan €40
  9. Wed 7-Dec: El Coronil - Utrera 19.32km - Hotel Veracruz €49
  10. Thu 8-Dec: Utrera - Sevilla 34-35km - El Viajero €30
For Jimena de la Frontera, there should be better options than the camping place. When I was there some TV production crew had taken over a couple of the hotels so the camping was my last option.

As I recall, Las Buitreras and Hotel Rural Inz-Almaraz were the two nicest places I stayed at.

Thank you Jungleboy. Much appreciated. Can you comment on the "dogs"? I'm not sure how to approach or deal with angry dogs. I've only really ever had to deal with this situation once and that was here in my home town and I biked fast with my feet in the air!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you to KarelNZ and to Jungleboy for these posts (and for Jungleboy's past posts). We're following this itinerary starting in mid-September. This is all extremely helpful.

One question - I'm trying to find a GPS app that I can use to make sure we stay on the Via Serrana. It sounds like Camino ones (Buen Camino, Wise Pilgrim, etc.) don't cover the Via Serrana. I'm looking for a useful "track" to download/overlay in a GPS app for the Via Serrana. The best I've found so far is a day-by-day track on Wikiloc that (I guess) I would need to download each night for the following day. I am not a high tech guy (to say the least!), but I was hoping that there is a source for a single, reasonably recent "track" for the entire Via Serrana that I could download from somewhere.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

I used the ones from the Via Augusta association on Wikiloc here. It is indeed one stage at a time but you can still download them all before you leave rather than doing it each day on camino. I convert them to KML and import them into maps.me but others have different methods.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks to you both, jungleboy and OnHellas. Managed with some tutorials (who knew you have to download a File Manager app?) to get a Via Serrana route downloaded that should work with Wikiloc. The Johnnie Walker write up from 2018 looks terrific. I will be studying it and will probably bring it along. Thanks again.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back