• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

june 11th

Delecto

Walked the Camino Frances last month and upon returning to the States I have come to realize that I dont belong in this brainwashed dehumanized society anymore so Im leaving for good. Making a stop in Amsterdam to pick up some souveniers before heading over to Seville to start the camino. Hope I meet some other pilgrims along the way, if not I've got Don Quixote and Dante to guide me...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Visits to the "Schengen" group of countries are limited to 90 days in six months for U.S. citizens. With electronic scanning of passports, the media report that the limit is being enforced.

"You can only stay for three months in the Schengen area within a six month
period. The Schengen area comprises of Austria, Finland, Greece,
Luxembourg, Portugal, Belgium, France, Iceland, Netherlands, Spain, Denmark,
Germany, Italy, Norway and Sweden.
[For example] If you already stayed in Holland for three months, you would now have to
stay outside of the Schengen area for three months before you can enter for
a further three months.
The alternative to this would have been to apply for a visa for a longer
period for the Schengen area in the U.S. before you left."

It is hard to leave the rat race behind!

I have a dual citizenship with Italy so if im not mistaken, with my Italian (EU) passport, I can stay in Spain as long as I want.

You are all set, then. I loved the Via and I hope you do as well. June and the rest of summer will be very hot there. Carry a lot of water. In Aljucen take advantage of the ROman Baths that give special price to pilgrims.
Buen Camino
Lilllian

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Sounds like you walked the Via recently. Did you happen to come across any albergues that are looking for hospitaleros? Im working it out with the "Asociaciones de Amigos del Camino de Santiago" to volunteer someplace along the Camino Frances after completing the Via, however I'm liking the idea of stopping for a week or so along the Meseta as I work my way to Santiago.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
On your way up the Via you can stop at the rectory/albergue at Fuenterroble de Salvatierra, just south of Salamanca. Don Blas, the resident priest, is a bit of a local legend, (also head of the Via de la Plata association) and he´s almost always willing to take on volunteer help. Be aware, though, that the demands at this high-volume, high-energy place are above and beyond the ordinary hospitalero duty list. It´s a wacky place, definitely not for the rigid.
You may just love it there!
Rebekah

Thanks Rebekah, sounds like just the type of adventure I'm looking for. I'll be sure to look this guy up as well as the "Amigos" HQ itself in Triana which JW has recommended. Thanks again guys...

Most read last week in this forum

My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back