• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

June vs. July

Susan B Johnson

PuraVida
Time of past OR future Camino
June (2016)
Hello! I walked the Camino Ingles the first time in June this year and LOVED it--even all the rain. I am considering doing it again next summer with my husband and adult children. Due to scheduling constraints, we cannot go until mid-July. Has anyone walked Camino Ingles in July? Any rain that time of year? How was the heat? As I understand it, northern Galicia its pretty temperate year round, kind of like the North West coast in the U.S

Susan

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Completed my Camino (July 27th-August 1) the weather was good for walking. Max 27ºC in Betanzos and Pontedeume and 23ºC in Bruma. Skies were cloudy in the mornings but no rain. Fields were green as usual with lots of blossomed hydrangeas between Ferrol and Betanzos. So, very nice Camiño.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Completed my Camino (July 27th-August 1) the weather was good for walking. Max 27ºC in Betanzos and Pontedeume and 23ºC in Bruma. Skies were cloudy in the mornings but no rain. Fields were green as usual with lots of blossomed hydrangeas between Ferrol and Betanzos. So, very nice Camiño.

Could you recommend a place to stay near Bruma other than Casa Rural Dona Maria?

Could you recommend a place to stay near Bruma other than Casa Rural Dona Maria?

Number one place to stay is O Meson Novo :- http://mesonnovo.blogspot.co.uk/ Also on Booking.com
If needed Antonio will pick you up at Casa Julia and return you next day to the same place. VERY pilgrim friendly and recommended by everyone who stays there!

Blessings
Tio Tel

Agree with Tio Tel, O Meson Novo is an excellent option! We stayed two nights there, with Antonio picking us up at Casa Julia and taking us back the next day where we then walked back to the hotel to stay for a second night. They speak some English and are a wonderful family. He even offered to drive us to Bruma that last morning (he had picked me up there ... I was struggling a bit with the walk!), but we walked from the hotel back to the camino (it's less than 2k to get back to the route).

There's another Casa Rural between there and Sigueiro, Casa Rural Anton Veiras, that looks nice. Depends on how far you all want to walk per day.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...
Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back